• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Any predictions as to whether I'll be able to run this game even on low settings on my 7850? It's JUST below the required GPU :/

I have a 7850 too, albeit a bit overclocked. One of the more recent graphically demanding games I've been playing as of late is GTA V, which my card runs surprising well with most settings on very high (which is the highest setting in a lot of cases) and some settings turned down to high, averaging at about 50fps. So I have high hopes that I can play it at at least higher than low settings :p.

Associate
I have a 7850 too, albeit a bit overclocked. One of the more recent graphically demanding games I've been playing as of late is GTA V, which my card runs surprising well with most settings on very high (which is the highest setting in a lot of cases) and some settings turned down to high, averaging at about 50fps. So I have high hopes that I can play it at at least higher than low settings :p.

I was pleasantly surprised too, here's hoping then!

n00b question: (Seeing as I've never had to worry about minimum requirements since building my pc 3 years ago), will the game simply recognize the GPU and fail to startup, or will it startup as normal, but at a reduced framerate?

Associate
I wonder how my 2GB GTX 680 will fair.....its quite heavily overclocked, but has that limiting factor of 2GB VRAM....

I have been playing The Witcher 2 these past few weeks leading up the release and with all the patches applied its a rock solid 60fps on the highest settings (without ubersampling)....that game still looks amazing, even if the Characters animation is a bit stiff.

Associate
I have a 670 but i think im gonna upgrade to a 970.

My thinking is i like to get a good 2-3 years out of my GPUs (and CPU....the 2500k is still doing well), and it about that time now and a good 2nd hand 670 is selling for around £70 on auctions sites i have noticed, add in another say £40 for the 2 free games.

I always try to get the best price/performance in my purchases and the 970 looks that. Its also DX12 ready so should fit nicely into my 2-3 year upgrade plan, and with the above being sold, is a good price.
Its also very quite which is a big thing for me too.

Soldato

My thinking is i like to get a good 2-3 years out of my GPUs (and CPU....the 2500k is still doing well), and it about that time now and a good 2nd hand 670 is selling for around £70 on auctions sites i have noticed, add in another say £40 for the 2 free games.

I always try to get the best price/performance in my purchases and the 970 looks that. Its also DX12 ready so should fit nicely into my 2-3 year upgrade plan, and with the above being sold, is a good price.

Do it :) we have the same CPU too, mines OC'd to 4.5 and its still a beast imo! works well with the card no issues at all!

Permabanned

Go for the sc 980

Back
Top Bottom