• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
PhysX is done on the CPU for all platforms, so no hardware acceleration, finally, i can now remove and get rid of one of my GTX 780's.

I think the 780 will do fine. That article is written by NVIDIA to sell more of their 9 series cards, it's not designed to be a good unbiased benchmark.

They are about to stream some Xbox One footage on http://www.twitch.tv/Xbox - 30 fps and ~2800 bitrate so the stream quality is not very good.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the 780 will do fine.
It's not a bad card but it's getting old and i like to max out games because i like graphics, 3GB is one limiting factor now, just picked up shadow of mordor to play over the weekend and that requires 6GB minimum for one of the texture settings, i tried ultra everything with sli enabled and disabled but there were clear and present issues with stuttering, in fact i turned down a couple of settings so the gameplay is smoother, actually, the game itself sets the recommended settings. My evga GTX 780 sc is starting to show it's age and capabilities in current next gen games, whatever next-gen means? :D

Associate
Is GamesRocket a good place to pre order the game?

16 free dlc's and preload to play on release day.

http://www.gamesrocket.com/download...html??ref=580&emst=1EAk6rpEde_25329_393298_36

Everyone gets the dlc's, doesn't matter where you order from.

Judging by reviews it's not a very reliable site, it's not the cheapest either.

I personally use http://www.dlcompare.com to look at prices, then look at reviews (on both dlcompare and on other websites) to see what others say about the site.

Soldato
Ok, thanks for letting us know.

I quoted a question directly related to my answer you pleb? lol So enough of the sarcasm sweetie.

Suppose you never care about gameplay :mad:

I do, as I said, out of principle, I don't agree with the whole "let's reel in most of the mugs with pretty graphics then unveil the 'real' engine at launch". It's cheap and a nasty business tactic and personally, I think it's a shame.

It's not the first nor the first time devs will do something like this.

Associate
The Witcher 3 | 4K Gameplay | GTX Titan X

The foliage and leaves do not look very good imo. They look rather "flat".

Last edited:
Soldato
The Witcher 3 | 4K Gameplay | GTX Titan X

The foliage and leaves do not look very good imo. They look rather "flat".

Cool vid pity i dont understand what they are saying but the visuals look lovely

95ob3m.jpg

Associate
4k Panoramic look on PC, ultra settings without day one patch.

It looks great and I will still be playing it, just don't stop and look too closely at the grass or trees :D

Soldato
mmm not convinced even that looks that great

high res - but doesn't look it really - is that the texture quality ?

still very much looking forward to game- Ultra graphics would have been icing on top really

Back
Top Bottom