• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I don't get why everyone isn't just ordering it from GoG with a VPN? It's been mentioned a bunch of times and is not only the cheapest place but a guaranteed pre-load etc.

Soldato
Pfft if those screenshots are not impressive people need to goto specsavers as far as im concerned. Looks awesome and i expect those are pc shots

indeed, i did see another load of shots the other day taken once a few colour settings had been altered etc and it looked much better, so will just do that if the vivid bright colours feel too much

Soldato
Those who do feel they have been lied to etc, out of interest, are you still buying the game?

I mentioned it a few pages back but the only way to show your annoyance is by not supporting them if you arent happy with it, speak with you wallets etc.

i cant miss out on it at all, no way!

My girlfriend and I were both going to buy a copy each. But, as usual, dev's thought they could pull silk over our eyes and reveal a turd upon unveiling.

It's a dirty trick and for it, they won't be getting our money.

I'll maybe pick it up in a future sale. But it's the principle more than anything.

Soldato
I saw the game live last year at Eurogamer being played live, so the way it looks now is no real surprise to me. Still looks good, and I've hope should the game do well, we may see another Extended Edition patch appear as it did with the previous titles. CDPR seem to at least care more than most studios, so I doubt this was a choice they wanted to make or that they wanted to upset people; if you remember the uproar over Geralt's appearance when they changed the model pre-Witcher 2, they actually changed it back due to feedback. Not something a lot of studios would have spent the time doing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My girlfriend and I were both going to buy a copy each. But, as usual, dev's thought they could pull silk over our eyes and reveal a turd upon unveiling.

It's a dirty trick and for it, they won't be getting our money.

I'll maybe pick it up in a future sale. But it's the principle more than anything.

Suppose you never care about gameplay :mad:

Associate
I don't get why everyone isn't just ordering it from GoG with a VPN? It's been mentioned a bunch of times and is not only the cheapest place but a guaranteed pre-load etc.

Care to explain how to do this? Or is it fairly complicated?

I have an order with CDkeys to, but would cancel it if doing it via VPN is nice an easy.

Soldato
Care to explain how to do this? Or is it fairly complicated?

I have an order with CDkeys to, but would cancel it if doing it via VPN is nice an easy.

Clear your cookies or open up a private browsing window and head to gog with a Russian VPN active. Buy the game and pay with Paypal. All the text is in Russian, obviously, but it's pretty easy to figure out. I paid £13.81 (with 10% Witcher 2 discount).

Back
Top Bottom