• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
in some of those shots - its almost like on games like JC2, Skyrim etc where you are waiting for the LOD to kick in when stuff goes from far to mid distance

but on this video look same mid distance and nearer

something just looks off to me :(

Associate
PC & PS4 comparison. They look almost identical.

I'm actually a little disappointed. It would have been nice for high to be PS4/Xbox one level, then ultra be kill your PC level of graphics. We'll have to see what modders can do.

Soldato
well on a postive - it should be easy to run

those with high end graphics cards may be disappointed and we may all end up arguing over max frame rate

lol

Soldato
It is an odd game. That mountain scene looks almost like the original 2013 trailers again.

Yet this pic linked below looks absolutely awful and like something from last gen

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/News/Maximale-Grafik-1158918/galerie/2373207/

Thank God for Google translate, really cleared a few things up for me-

The Witcher 3 looks after our impressions not just good, the great audiovisual backdrop sucks the player formally into the game. ...Nevertheless, we would like The Witcher 3 is not deprived in maximum PC quality.

The game's details are a matter of course to the maximum

:p

Soldato
PC & PS4 comparison. They look almost identical.

I'm actually a little disappointed. It would have been nice for high to be PS4/Xbox one level, then ultra be kill your PC level of graphics. We'll have to see what modders can do.

Yep, almost identical indeed. The closest I've seen any console/PC port so far. Well done you retards, way to turd on your PC faithful.

Caporegime
Yep, almost identical indeed. The closest I've seen any console/PC port so far. Well done you retards, way to turd on your PC faithful.

There are differences. Draw distance and tree/foliage density and detail is much better on PC:

1.gif

2.gif

Also, if you look at the floor on the scene where he is standing against the wall there is a lot more AO/shadowing going on in the PC version.

Soldato
In regards to the graphics being downgraded, as I just said in the graphics cards forum thread
"Based on previous examples on Witcher 1 and 2 they might just release an Extended Edition and not charge anything for the upgrade, should they get the appropriate sales?

It wouldn't really surprise me if manpower/cash were the reason, it's not like CDPR haven't come good in that regards previously. The extended updates for Witcher 1+2 were both extensive.

We need to be realistic; Witcher 3 is extremely ambitious."

I doubt people are going to pay for the game and then wait 6-12 months in the hope that the devs try to redeem themselves to their PC customers with a long-after-release texture pack.

The GTA guys got a lot of flak for delaying the PC launch, but at least they did a good job and delivered what they promised.

Soldato
while im excited as I am for the story and gameplay and huge open world in this im disappointed that dragon age looks graphically much better.

Soldato
I'm not really mad at the downgrade..and this is a downgrade who they kidding...I'm more mad at what actually is going on in the bigger picture. This is a company that built the older iterations of the game specifically for PC, they told us for TW3 in the early days they were focusing on an amazing experience for PC gamers and that we'd need incredibly high end rigs to achieve the results from the early footage. Yet, in the 2 years that have followed, they've buckled, downgraded and almost bent over backwards for console then ported to PC. Then lie about it, look sheepish when asked about the "downgrade"...oooppppss sorry not a downgrade, they've optimised. This was a company that put PC first, this is now going to be the industry standard for this gen. Consoles will be massively holding back the PC, only point in buying incredibly high end expensive GPU's is to make the bad PC ports playable. Things will not be optimised for PC, this is just a massive sign of what to expect IMO.

Not good for PC gaming at all.

Soldato
I'd like to see some more Witcher 2 vs 3 pics - I know can't be a direct comparison

I seem to remember forests, foliage etc looking great in W2- and some fantastic lighting effects

Back
Top Bottom