• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I'd like to see some more Witcher 2 vs 3 pics - I know can't be a direct comparison

I seem to remember forests, foliage etc looking great in W2- and some fantastic lighting effects

They did, I have a save somewhere halfway through Dark Mode and these fill me with a sudden urge to finish it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igJFh5nK0C8 I'm not actually sure whether this is modded or something because I don't remember the game looking this good EDIT: I think it might be that forest area in act III that was added in EE and I've only visited it at night

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads...r_2_assassins_of_kings_enhanced_edition_6.jpg

https://pushstartgaming.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/flotsam3.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yeah playing atm again, really does look that good in areas. Dark mode is good as well you should finish it, makes the game how it is meant to be played imo. They have UBER on in those screenshots, makes a big difference as well I think.

Soldato
Yeah playing atm again, really does look that good in areas. Dark mode is good as well you should finish it, makes the game how it is meant to be played imo. They have UBER on in those screenshots, makes a big difference as well I think.

Too bad I have that second dark armour completed, makes the mode a bit too easy;p I might have to ditch it;p

Soldato
Yep, almost identical indeed. The closest I've seen any console/PC port so far. Well done you retards, way to turd on your PC faithful.

It's not a port.

I'm not really mad at the downgrade..and this is a downgrade who they kidding...I'm more mad at what actually is going on in the bigger picture. This is a company that built the older iterations of the game specifically for PC, they told us for TW3 in the early days they were focusing on an amazing experience for PC gamers and that we'd need incredibly high end rigs to achieve the results from the early footage. Yet, in the 2 years that have followed, they've buckled, downgraded and almost bent over backwards for console then ported to PC. Then lie about it, look sheepish when asked about the "downgrade"...oooppppss sorry not a downgrade, they've optimised. This was a company that put PC first, this is now going to be the industry standard for this gen. Consoles will be massively holding back the PC, only point in buying incredibly high end expensive GPU's is to make the bad PC ports playable. Things will not be optimised for PC, this is just a massive sign of what to expect IMO.

Not good for PC gaming at all.

No really, it isn't a port. It hasn't been ported from the consoles to the PC.

Consoles don't hold back the PC, developers do. It might seem like a pedantic thing to say, but it's importance to note that it's the choice of developers to do what they do when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Something clearly looks a bit broken with the game. I was about to have a moan at the guy who said the screen shot was absolutely awful, I thought it was just more diva drama, until I clicked the link.

That screen shot was absolutely awful. So much so that it actually looks like something is broken. The lighting system just doesn't seem to be working properly there, with the way the castle walls in the background just fade to black.

In some screenshots, it looks extremely good which just further highlights the parts that look really bad.

I'm not curious as to what the day one patch entails, as the way the game looks in that screenshot surely can't be by design?! Else, they clearly have downgraded it.

Soldato
I thought Dragon Age looked like complete garbage tbh, I think the Witcher console versions look better.

Seriously? lol Did we play the same game because Dragon Age is probably the best looking open world game around.
Are you telling me these screenshots to you look like garbage?

dPx14Jf.jpg

9QseR1d.jpg

Soldato
Seriously? lol Did we play the same game because Dragon Age is probably the best looking open world game around.

dPx14Jf.jpg

9QseR1d.jpg

I assume thats pc? Looks miles better than what i had to endure on ps4! A jaggy mess tbh.

But the world just felt stale to me, quest markers for the sake of filling out the map, i hope this game has more scope than that

Soldato
Holy **** the start of that is epic.

Edit - Novigrad loks **** though : /

That looks like a 2013 trailer, looks impressive.

It is an odd game. That mountain scene looks almost like the original 2013 trailers again.

Yet this pic linked below looks absolutely awful and like something from last gen

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/News/Maximale-Grafik-1158918/galerie/2373207/

Theres just not something right in all of this, this first video isn't taken from the same game as them screen shots, the shader and textures.
I think we're seeing there difference between the pc version ultra and ps4 here, and as for the comparison video above that could be the pc version at medium settings for all we know.

Associate
Yeah.....think i'll stick with the 670 after all. The ultra stuff ive seen doesnt look worth the upgrade tbh.

I'll see once im playing i guess.

Soldato
this sort of thing can't be good for manufacturers of Graphics cards

if we get more and more "near" parity with current gen consoles

we can all stick with out R29s, 970/980 and be all great for a few years in 1440p :)

Soldato
PS4 vers got 9.3/10 on IGN so should be great like the other 2.

If the gfx was same as release loads would whine at poor fps and it still looks great anyway.

Soldato
To those asking about crossfire support, I found this post in the GPU section.

I didn't comment on the GTA V profile prior to it's launch and i won't be doing that with the Witcher 3 either. All i will say is we always try to have the best available Crossfire Optimisations in the biggest titles, ready for launch.

Associate

dPx14Jf.jpg

9QseR1d.jpg

Well I wasn't speaking specifically about those 2 screenshots but I found the game as a whole pretty graphically under whelming as far as I was concerned, I may have been a tad harsh calling it garbage but I still found it disappointing nonetheless. Character models weren't bad but I was not a fan of the world itself.

In the defense of my opinion I did actually play the game before coming to my conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom