• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I agree. He should roll/fall down the hill instead of sliding, like a snowboarder without the board.

Perhaps it was an animation issue. I imagine it's difficult to make a good fall/stumble animation followed by a perfectly looped rolling animation that works for every distance you can roll.

I thought it was odd when i watched a bit of a stream the other day and he did this down a set of stairs outside a town. I thought to myself thats a bit odd, maybe an exploit but then this lol

*just checked and i have lost my W2 save :( not on steam cloud so must have not activated it or something and have since reinstalled windows etc

Should be able to remember my choices, apparently there is an ingame part at the beginning to go through some choices made so may be alright! Better than nothing, i didnt think about the save at the time!

Last edited:
Soldato
I very much doubt saves will make much, if any difference tbh.

I've played the original game 3-4 times, and the 2nd one 2-3 times, and I'm not really bothered about preparing a save.

Soldato
Its a painful waiting game :( but will be worth it just to hear Geralts sexy tone :rolleyes:

On the plus side its only the console folks who are playing the game so hopefully the extra wait will be worth it for the 60fps and extra graphics options. The first thing im going to do is change everything to max in the Ini file just to see how it looks lol. Theres apparently lots of extra options in there so we shall see.

Soldato
On the plus side its only the console folks who are playing the game so hopefully the extra wait will be worth it for the 60fps and extra graphics options. The first thing im going to do is change everything to max in the Ini file just to see how it looks lol. Theres apparently lots of extra options in there so we shall see.

Yea thats my thinking to make the wait feel worthy :) i originally was getting it on ps4 then decided i 'needed' a 970, and it just 'happened' to come with a code for witcher 3 ;)

Everything worked out for the best :D

Associate
I have no doubt it will be a good game and I still look forward to playing it but as consumers we definitely have to show that bait and switch graphics are not acceptable nor are really needed. I'd be fine with the games graphics in their current state if they didn't show us much better looking graphics earlier in development.

Soldato
Even though I got my preload downloaded and ordered the season pass. I think im gonna hold off and forget about this game for a while. I have a huge back catalogue I want to finish and even start. I might just wait till everything is out for it, so sometime next year ill be playing this :)

Soldato
So apparently earlier today a Dev said that they changed sharpening filter after those early screenshots......and according to this page http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36227-What-color-correction-can-do-to-those-ugly-screenshots

It certainly seems like it as the screenshots look much better.

That is not a dev posting, that is a normal forum member who ran some screenshots through photoshop and implied the same can be done in SweetFX.

The issue that many have is not the colours, but the fact there is a large loss of detail between the preview trailers and the release version (PC).

Wall edges
Texture resolution
Water
Clouds
Particle effects
Fog
(and more)

The reduction in quality in these features cannot be recovered by a simple SweetFX tweak. The game has went from next gen PC "wow" graphics to last gen PC "mehl". I still think it looks failry good, but not anywhere near as excellent as the preview videos implied.

Edit: Note, I am not stating the game is going to be bad, just pointing out that it is obvious there is a drastic drop in graphical quality between preview and release. At least going by recent videos and screenshots. In a few days we can all find out if this is true or not.

Last edited:
Soldato
hasn't it already been confirmed theres extra options in the ini file that someone posted. Like higher res shadows. water tessellation, extended distance rendering ect.

Back
Top Bottom