• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I thought CDPR already came out with their supposed reason for this downgrade?

Essentially it boiled down to consoles not being powerful enough and them not having the resources or time (read: not laziness) to develop two or three graphically different versions of the game.

Money doesn't grow on trees and we can't know if they were strapped for cash or low on man-power, so I don't blame them per se. The only thing I don't like about the situation is that they didn't admit it straight away.

I think the game still looks good and I'll definitely have a thoroughly good time playing it.

It was allegedly a CDPR source that said it but never confirmed who he was. I believe with the consoles being pretty much PC's, they could have made the PC version with all the bells and whistles and dialled down the settings for consoles. Two reasons for this not being the case would be either, they were paid to keep parity with all 3 versions, or they couldn't make the game look as good with the time available.

Both valid excuses imo. What sticks in my throat, is the lying about it all.

Soldato
PCGames, a German pc mag said that there is no more pc-embargo so they are now streaming the PC version: http://www.twitch.tv/gamestarde/

Downgrade or not, it looks pretty awesome.

47c0c3b90c.jpg

Watching that on my phone and it looks like it's running at a terrible frame rate.

Associate
Watching that on my phone and it looks like it's running at a terrible frame rate.

I think that's your phone unable to play back the 1080p video.

It's a little stuttery for me on my laptop (with on-board gpu), but I can't be bothered to go upstairs and try it on my desktop :D

Soldato
I think that's your phone unable to play back the 1080p video.

It's a little stuttery for me on my laptop (with on-board gpu), but I can't be bothered to go upstairs and try it on my desktop :D

Nah its the same on my computer.
They either have a bad connection or a terrible GPU.

Soldato
I think it still looks good I just think the colours are abit to bright Ide prefer them abit darker, but thats my opinion and obviously others will have different.

Ive just started playing witcher 2 again to get me ready for this

Caporegime
http://www.gamestar.de/videos/specials,20/witcher-3-grafik-downgrade-analyse,82708.html

From another site..

• View distance is (way) worse
  • less/no Tesselation (Pause at 3:11, edge of wall for example)
  • way worse sky
  • lower LOD
  • low res textures in final PC build compared to trailer
  • Insinde buildings way worse lightning
  • worse water, again no tesselation
  • and ofc. way worse fire[/list:u]

The commentator says the final PC-version is a lot closer to the PS4 version then the trailers of 2014 and theres no way that could be changed with a day 1 patch.

Caporegime
Anyone else getting slightly tired of the graphics crowd?

Honestly, it doesn't matter what system you play on, there's always this senseless debate, be glad we at least have the ability to change the graphics (including palette) to our liking.

Permabanned
Anyone else getting slightly tired of the graphics crowd?

Honestly, it doesn't matter what system you play on, there's always this senseless debate, be glad we at least have the ability to change the graphics (including palette) to our liking.

Just ignore them m8, seems most have nothing better to do LOL. Some people take gaming far to seriously it is freaking unreal. I am just happy the game is made and if the first 2 are anything to go by the story/gameplay will be freaking amazing.

Back
Top Bottom