• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Honestly, it doesn't matter what system you play on, there's always this senseless debate, be glad we at least have the ability to change the graphics (including palette) to our liking.

On the subject of that, if I decide that I would like to do a little colour correction, what would be the best way of going about it?

Soldato
I can't believe how bad the vegetation looks. That's the most glaring thing I can see looking at the screenshots.

Look at Grid autosport, the grass in that is awesome. Then look at skyrim with grass mods, again awesome. All the textures in the game look really flat aswell. WTF are CDPR playing at, it's almost like they lost all their source code and are relying on some alpha version of it =/

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=g...en-youre-running-100-mods-at-once%2F;1280;720

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else getting slightly tired of the graphics crowd?

Honestly, it doesn't matter what system you play on, there's always this senseless debate, be glad we at least have the ability to change the graphics (including palette) to our liking.

Hopefully when the game is released it might die down abit and the discussions will be more about gameplay, weapons and armour. Ide like to see the thread closed and a new one opened so we can start over

Permabanned
What? That is precisely my point, a person in their spare time can mod a game to look like that. I'm sure CDPR can manage the same thing. You also conveniently omitted my point about Grid.

Because I refuse to compare a racing game to a open world RPG, never heard of such a bad comparison in my life. Now run along before you make yourself look any more daft.

Soldato
Because I refuse to compare a racing game to a open world RPG, never heard of such a bad comparison in my life. Now run along before you make yourself look any more daft.

:rolleyes:

You missed the point entirely. My point was that a racing game has gone to the effort to increase immersion by implementing realistic grass where as a fantasy RPG seems to have glossed over it. My point is valid. Stop thinking two dimensionally.

I also find your way of discussing the point very childish and condescending.

Soldato
I can't believe how bad the vegetation looks. That's the most glaring thing I can see looking at the screenshots.

Look at Grid autosport, the grass in that is awesome. Then look at skyrim with grass mods, again awesome. All the textures in the game look really flat aswell. WTF are CDPR playing at, it's almost like they lost all their source code and are relying on some alpha version of it =/

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=g...en-youre-running-100-mods-at-once%2F;1280;720

You are comparing an open world to a racing game, and a modded Skyrim to an unreleased Witcher 3?

And losing source code seems likely?

Seriously?

Soldato
Just ignore them m8, seems most have nothing better to do LOL. Some people take gaming far to seriously it is freaking unreal. I am just happy the game is made and if the first 2 are anything to go by the story/gameplay will be freaking amazing.

They're simply being good consumers. If you're promised all these awesome features and graphics, then you preorder and it turns out they're purposefully gimping the graphics because they decided to cater to consoles, how else should they react? People don't like being lied to, and it is good business practise to punish lies.

They won't give a straight answer on the issue, and according to one of the devs on their forums the PC version is still going to look like the December trailer gameplay that looked awesome - this was yesterday. If it turns out he blatantly lied days from release, what precedent does that set?

Gamers are absolutely horrible at being good consumers - it is why the state of gaming is as it is now. We accept all the crap that is spoonfed to us, and then and ask for more.

Me personally, I am going to wait to see what happens. If they have been lying and they gimped the graphics, waiting for a sale.

Permabanned
They're simply being good consumers. If you're promised all these awesome features and graphics, then you preorder and it turns out they're purposefully gimping the graphics because they decided to cater to consoles, how else should they react? People don't like being lied to, and it is good business practise to punish lies.

They won't give a straight answer on the issue, and according to one of the devs on their forums the PC version is still going to look like the December trailer gameplay that looked awesome - this was yesterday. If it turns out his blatantly lied days from release, what precedent does that set?

Gamers are absolutely horrible at being good consumers - it is why the state of gaming is as it is now. We accept everything we take and ask for more.

Me personally, I am going to wait to see what happens. If they have been lying and they gimped the graphics, waiting for a sale.

Simple, don't pre order, no one forced anyone to hand over any cash. If people are that bothered with a games outcome common sense tells me to wait and see the outcome before spending money. I NEVER pre order now becuase of this as it happens to pretty much all games. Witcher 3 was a pre-oder because I know damn well the story will be good. But for me I never pre order then I never get all upset over a video game, life is to short :)

Soldato
Simple, don't pre order, no one forced anyone to hand over any cash. If people are that bothered with a games outcome common sense tells me to wait and see the outcome before spending money.

Indeed, that's the right decision.

People are just angry because they expected better of CDPR as they used to be always about putting PC first, so to them this was an unexpected turn of events.

Soldato
:D:D:D:D anyone who compares a racing game to a open world RPG deserves go to on any ignore lists. Words don't even describe it.

I agree that it's a poor comparison but he has a point that the grass looks poor from footage we've seen. You simply cannot deny that. However, let's wait and judge it on release. I just can't see it being a massive difference tbh :(

Soldato
Like having a discussion with a brick wall... sigh.

Losing code is possible, I've worked with a company that has done it. I also currently work in the gaming industry so I would like to think my opinion has SOME weight.

I have preordered it and I intend to play it. Doesn't stop me from voicing my opinion on it.

Back
Top Bottom