• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Then you have to put up with people agreeing or poking holes at your opinion.

I have no doubt the game has a massive downgrade blah blah blah, but tbh unless we all see it with our own eyes with the day 1 patch it is all kinda pointless.

Yep, I've waited and waited ignoring all the complaints thinking about the day 1 patch, but from what I can see I don't think it will bring the game back to it's former glory during the reveal.
Another person in this thread made the point that if the patch did have such implications then surely CDPR would make a big deal out of it.

I have no problem with people arguing my points at all, but when I'm told to "run along before you make yourself look any more daft." without any kind of counter argument except for it being "a bad comparison" it feels like I'm on a school playground. I am fully aware there is a difference between a racing game and a massively open world hence the inclusion of skyrim.

Soldato
Witcher 3 was a pre-oder because I know damn well the story will be good. But for me I never pre order then I never get all upset over a video game, life is to short :)

Same here apart from I didnt have to pre-order as I got it with my 970 but witcher was the only upcoming game I was going to preorder. Cant remember what the last game was that I pre-ordered.

Edit: actually just remembered Ive pre-ordered the new batman but thats more for my brother than me

Last edited:
Associate
This 'downgrade' subject surely has run its course?... we can all see what the game is like, and no amount of bitching and moaning is going to change it. The day one patch is not going to make it look like some of the old PR material, and that is that.

Buy it, or don't buy, but for the love of god stop this pointless bickering and dissection. For the most part the game looks stunning, and better than Skyrim (grass mods aside) or Inquisition, so we have moved forward, even if its not as much as some would like.

I don't think I've ever witnessed such a negative fuss about a game that appears to be one of the finest of it genre. All the talk should be about the gameplay and what we are looking forward to rather than this bordering on madness, waffle over the graphics.

I'm not a CDPR fan either.. I have never played W1 and only spend a few hours on WII which I hated for its invisible walls; I wanted to explore and walk freely, but could not. I'm only coming to this as a fan of open world games. I may hate this too, but it won't be because of its graphics, or scope to explore... and certainly not because it does not match some vids I saw months or years ago.

Associate
Pretty sure that's just your personal opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs. Who are you to tell people to stop discussing the games graphics though? Hardly off topic is it?

Because no one is saying anything new, just going over and over and over the same stuff that has been going on for weeks now. It is BORING!

Yes its my personal opinion, as I said it ;)

Soldato
Because no one is saying anything new, just going over and over and over the same stuff that has been going on for weeks now. It is BORING!

Yes its my personal opinion, as I said it ;)

Well don't read it then. There's been new screenshots and videos posted and discussion about them. Wind your neck in and go do something that EXCITES you then.

Associate
Does anyone know what this location/region is, and if it will be explorable? Most of the recent vids and shots show the same landscape, but this looks more dramatic and appealing.

Associate
Does anyone know what this location/region is, and if it will be explorable? Most of the recent vids and shots show the same landscape, but this looks more dramatic and appealing.

Not sure on the region but definitely remember seeing an interview with a developer saying pretty much anything you can see in game you can go and explore.

Associate
Not sure on the region but definitely remember seeing an interview with a developer saying pretty much anything you can see in game you can go and explore.

Yes they say if you can see it you can get to it.

Yes, I've read that too, so hope its the case here. I wonder why this area has not been shown in recent official footage?.. To me looks much closer in tone to some of the older stuff, that so many of the complaints stem from.

The scale here is very impressive :cool:

Associate
vpPgNq.gif

Anyone up for snowboarding?

Soldato
watched a stream of this last night and it looks beautiful to me and that was on the ps4. Maxed out on the pc with all those ini tweaks I have no worries that this will be a beautiful looking game and the witcher 2 is one of the few games iv finished more than once so I cant wait. Let me download it Cdkeys!

Back
Top Bottom