• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Ever get where you have been really looking forward to a game, then when it is released you really don't feel like playing it? That's me right now.

That is because you are training your mind to be entertained and motivated by the promise of something shiny, bright and amazing, sometime in the future. Your mind is still seeking it's thrills by the promise of something, bigger, brighter, better, which will be delivered sometime in the future.

Many of us live our whole lives under the spell of such a mindset.

Associate
Indeed.

Asking for developers to give the PC version the attention is requires isn't too much to ask for. As it stands consoles provide a very small short term boost on release & then continue to hinder high end graphical development.

Now we are at the stage where PC exclusives are so rare the actual benefits of owning a high end PC are reduced. Very rarely a developer will go the extra mile to ensure the PC version hit's the mark, but it's becoming increasingly so.

Consoles = large immediate sales on release / very small sales long term
Pc = small to medium sales at release / very long term sales and resale with enhanced editions

In today's business world makes no sense to release on just pc I don't think CDP had the hundred of millions that EA and Ubi use to make there games you have to give them credit for doing there best.

CDP only have 200 people which when doing 3 platforms is small many studio's are larger or get another studio to help with other platforms we should be thankful CDP didn't do that I could only imagine what a mess that would have been.

Bungie - 500+
Bioware - 800+
Ubisoft Montreal - 2500+ :p

Last edited:
Soldato
That is because you are training your mind to be entertained and motivated by the promise of something shiny, bright and amazing, sometime in the future. Your mind is still seeking it's thrills by the promise of something, bigger, brighter, better, which will be delivered sometime in the future.

Many of us live our whole lives under the spell of such a mindset.

That's very interesting... I have a simpler explanation though. I just don't feel like playing games atm.

Soldato
PC Gamer have released a new article about graphics and performance, http://www.pcgamer.com/witcher-3-graphics-options-performance-and-settings/

Makes a change from a German article :)

IC046uMajYdQ.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
:D

If it looks like that then its fine by me! :D

I don't think I have a hope in hell running at 4k with decent settings though.

Associate
Hmm, maybe i should upgrade this 670 after all....

I am waiting until I actually test my 670. It is 4GB so may do better than most 670, but I don't think Witcher 3 uses tons of vram unlike some games. I obviously don't know for sure until I have tried it myself though.

If the 670 doesn't cut it then I can always get a 970 from Overclockers with free next day delivery ;)

Soldato
I've been reading your posts for the last couple of days and haven't said anything, your about a week behind and it's getting boring reading the same old ****e now.

Touchy. Yet I'm entitled to post my opinion, the same as you. Infact, my last post asked a question and whether or not you think it was moaning about the whole graphics issue, it was still a question. In many shots of the latest build there is a lot of differences in colour saturation and vibrancy, I find it strange they have moved away from the gritty look when it does not have any effects on framerate or performance. Hence I said thank god for Sweetfx.

Besides, yes the graphics situation has annoyed me and a forum is sometimes a place for people to vent their opinions, positive or otherwise.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom