***There are jobs here***

Soldato
Long shot, it's not for everyone, but if anyone is interested in a side project dev job for equity in our startup, check it out:

http://emotuit.com/blog/?p=39

Can be done as a second job at the moment, but we're starting to ramp up. Give us 6-12 months and that should change. If you're looking for something with serious potential in the ed tech industry (check out our other posts on the site, we're just starting to build for HarvardX and edX) and would like to share the winnings. Just let me know.

Soldato
Not forgetting all us folk willing and able to work but because of a hidden ageist policy get turned down.
Yet again I have applied for temp work with Royal Mail (Driving) this festive season. And unlike last year where I did get an interview this year I did not even get that far. Yet again RM is complaining that they are not getting enough applicants and will struggle to deliver all mail before Christmas.
OK I am 60 with a perfectly checkable work history, no criminal record and healthy but no joy. Just a sorry you were unsuccessful with your application email.

Soldato
http://www.baesystems.com/careers-rai?r=ai&_afrLoop=532206878357000&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=_refreshed_#!%40%40%3F_afrWindowId%3D_refreshed_%26_afrLoop%3D532206878357000%26r%3Dai%26_afrWindowMode%3D0%26_adf.ctrl-state%3Dm7d7hj395_199
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Not the typical BAE systems work at all, we've got a diverse range of offerings, which all fall under the strapline of "protecting and enhancing the connected world"

Growing fast (double digits on all metrics this year) in all sectors so there are loads of open roles at levels undergrad to very senior. Looking for developers, testers, BAs, web design, analysts, security and forensics experts and enthusiasts, IT support, information assurance, consultants of all badges, project managers, along with all the usual HR, finance, legal etc... Work is predominantly UK based with a focus on Government clients, but our international and commercial sections are growing too.

I'm a security consultant there, and am happy to talk to interested folks if you send me a trust message[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

Last edited:
Associate
Not forgetting all us folk willing and able to work but because of a hidden ageist policy get turned down.
Yet again I have applied for temp work with Royal Mail (Driving) this festive season. And unlike last year where I did get an interview this year I did not even get that far. Yet again RM is complaining that they are not getting enough applicants and will struggle to deliver all mail before Christmas.
OK I am 60 with a perfectly checkable work history, no criminal record and healthy but no joy. Just a sorry you were unsuccessful with your application email.

How did they find out your age?

Soldato
Long shot, it's not for everyone, but if anyone is interested in a side project dev job for equity in our startup, check it out:

http://emotuit.com/blog/?p=39

Can be done as a second job at the moment, but we're starting to ramp up. Give us 6-12 months and that should change. If you're looking for something with serious potential in the ed tech industry (check out our other posts on the site, we're just starting to build for HarvardX and edX) and would like to share the winnings. Just let me know.

Good for ad engagement tracking, bad for everything else. This looks very much like a solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Soldato

My local delivery office isn't even bringing in any temps this year. Gotta make savings!

Soldato
How did they find out your age?

First time I applied I got as far as the interview in fact two interviews. One with the agency,Reed I think that was handling the initial applications and a second interview with a manager. At no time was I asked my age and certainly it was not a question on the application form. But I think once I am seen in person then there is no doubt I am not in my twenties or thirties etc.

With RM your details are then kept and each year I receive an email telling me that they are recruiting temp staff and would I like to apply. But nowadays get no further than that.

Associate
Age is pretty standard for an application form.

Well it shouldn't be and if you come across it, don't fill it in. Although that'll probably be interpreted as someone being too old/young.

Date of birth
You shouldn’t ask someone for their date of birth on an application form. People selecting candidates for interview or interviewing shouldn’t be influenced by someone’s age.

You can include a question on date of birth as part of an equality monitoring form if you use one.

Employers: preventing discrimination

There should be no references to age and date of birth in your job advertisements, application forms and interview criteria unless you can justify them

Avoiding age discrimination

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Try and put as much details on here please, including direct link to job or application email - this will minimise any dodgy dealings or agents in disguise. Thanks.

Don't have a link for any job site at the moment, we tend to just advertise on the Brighton University graduate site which isn't accessible to the public. I'll edit the job out and come back if we advertise elsewhere =]

Soldato
OP
https://www.haribo.com/enGB/careers/careers-at-haribo.html

Demand & Forecasting Analyst

Reference: DEC20140051
Expiry date: 30 December 2014
Salary: Competitive Salary
Benefits: generous holiday allowance, bonus scheme, pension scheme, subsidised restaurant and staff discounts.
Work Hours: Mon – Thurs – 8.00am to 5.00pm and Fri – 8.00am – 12 noon

Your key responsibilities will include:

Liaisons with account managers and customers to obtain and maintain customer item forecasts

Entry of customer forecasts into the demand planning software and uploading same to our ERP system (Movex)

Sales analysis – production of reports and graphs etc.

Developing and building relationships with our customers supply teams to improve forecast accuracy

Production of long term forecasts using historic sales data and market intelligence, to enable effective capacity planning

Providing in-depth reviews to sales managers, for specific customers / item combinations upon request

Reviewing, identifying and resolving key forecast accuracy issues

Communicating the forecast to the Planning team and working with marketing dept. on development of new product

You will know this is the right role for you because you will be:

Highly analytical and numerate
Ideally degree educated or have the equivalent working experience
In a demand planning/forecasting role (or have had prior relatable experience) - preferably gained in an FMCG environment
Able to build relationships with internal and external customers
An excellent communicator – ability to communicate and influence at all levels
Able to motivate self to achieve deadlines
Comfortable working both alone and in team environment

Closing date is end of year 2014. Good luck!

Soldato
OP
One day, someone will post entry level stuff. :p

https://www.haribo.com/enGB/careers/careers-at-haribo.html

Haribo Job said:
Asst. Stock Controller
Reference: NOV20140235
Expiry date: 19 December 2014
Salary: Competitive Salary
Benefits: generous holiday allowance, bonus scheme, pension scheme, subsidised restaurant and staff discounts.
Hours: Mon-Thurs (8am - 5pm) and Fri (8am - 2:30pm)

Overall your responsibility will cover:

1. Managing Goods In / Out function.
2. Controlling accurate internal stock records and systems to ensure production and packing can operate to full capacity.
3. Managing and developing 3PL relationship, conducting % audits on 3PL stock levels and providing reports

You will know you are right for this role because you will be comfortable:

Controlling all stock related movements.
Ensuring accurate stock records are maintained and recorded.
Running and analysing stock reports for the company.
Liaising with Planning and Procurement establishing stock availability & JIT delivery from suppliers.
Liaising with Finance and Procurement to resolve supplier discrepancies.
Driving efficiency of warehouse space on site and with 3PL.
Managing and controlling all stock returns from customer from receipt, stock control and credit to customer.
Ensuring quality, health & safety and other relevant policies and procedures are adhered to.
Analysing data and records and provide KPI reports for the Senior Management and Directors.
Organising and managing all quarterly physical stock counts at timely intervals across all sites including 3PL’s
Developing staff within remit to achieve business and personal objectives and development
Taking part in ad hoc projects and requirements as reasonably requested.
Skills and experience required for this role include:

Possession of a higher education qualification or the equivalent (desirable)
Past experience in Stock Control is essential
Strong analytical mind-set and good grasp of data analysis
Strong skills in paying attention to detail, organising self and others and in planning
Used to a fast paced environment (preferably gained within a manufacturing environment)
Self-motivated
Excellent communicator
Flexible and reliable

Entry enough? :)

Good luck!

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Fair enough, but that sounds incredibly unexciting.

If I ever see 'stock control' again I'm likely to take my eyes out with a fork.

Back
Top Bottom