***There are jobs here***

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;26512535 said:
There must be loads of these positions which miss out on applicants because they don't bother to quote a salary or just say '£Competitive'. There must be people who might move if the salary is tempting but whom gloss past it because it's not mentioned?

I've never understood that either.

Caporegime
As a recruiter I understand where your coming from but the primary reason for moving should never be salary alone

No, but by not bothering to list it you're pretending that it's not important. Salary is one of the most important pieces of information, and none of you are worth playing the 'well what are you looking to be paid?' game with, sorry. It's a waste of everyone's time.

The only reason for not listing a salary is if it's comically low and you don't want the public humiliation that would go along with it, or if you are hoping someone a bit wet behind the ears applies and you can lowball them.

Soldato
As a recruiter I understand where your coming from but the primary reason for moving should never be salary alone

We all work just for the fun of it.

No...

1. Salary.
2. Gives our day meaning.
3. Challenges us.
4. Contribute positively (some jobs, at least).

If a job says 'Competitive' or 'tell us your salary expectations', then I simply don't bother. You get judged on the salary and not on your own credentials and experience. Too much? Overconfident. Too little? Mustn't be good. Just right? Needs more ambition ;)

This is the definition of HR.

Let's not beat around the bush here; remove the façade of Human Resources, and you are left with a department who's primary raison d'etre is to protect the Company from the Employees. Be the biggest thorn in employees side and keep them repressed, waiting, in-the-dark and generally misinformed.

Last edited:
Associate
I recruit for my team, not part of HR, the team is creative in nature and those in it who shine are the ones who live and breathe it, far more important to us than if they are cheap or even slightly expensive

Contract rates will be 250-400 a day dependant upon experience, permie rates 25K to 45K again dependant upon experience, permies will also get a decent benefits package

Caporegime
I think we're going round in circles here. There's a difference between it being a primary driver and wanting to know if a job is worth applying for. Presumably weeding out people driven purely by salary happens at the same point where you weed out people who don't have enough experience, don't fit the organisation etc.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Whenever I see a job that doesn't list salary I assume it's not worth my time because they're likely wanting to pay peanuts. I'm sure this isn't always the case but it's not worth my time going for an interview only to find out they're paying less than my current job. At least when a salary bracket is listed you have a rough idea.

I imagine this causes recruiters and companies to miss out on people like myself, who thoroughly enjoy their current job and are (all modesty aside!) extremely beneficial to a company, where the only thing which would persuade them to move to another company would be salary and location as opposed to anything to get away from their current job. By not providing a salary the job just gets skipped over unless it's for your "dream company" :).

Soldato
We're looking for a Software Developer (£65-85k plus bonus)

Essential Skills

· Buy side development experience, preferably in a hedge fund environment.
· An understanding of Risk concepts (VaR, stress testing etc).
· In-depth knowledge of a fund accounting package e.g. Advent Geneva, Beauchamps Fund Manager etc.
· Strong C# development skills.
· Extensive SQL Server development experience, specifically table design and query optimization within very large databases.
· Good communication skills.
· Strong analytic skills with the ability to think critically.
· Team leading experience.

Desirable
· CFA / Finance Degree.
· Knowledge of PnL attribution concepts.
· Bloomberg experience.

daz

daz

Soldato
We have a few vacancies at the moment ranging from Technical Support/Customer Service to Business Development. We're based in Slough. :)

http://www.paragon.net.uk/careers

With the customer support especially it is not necessarily about experience, qualifications and knowledge but about your attitude and ability to learn and pick up new things quickly and problem solve. If that's you then drop us an email.

Associate
We're looking for a Software Developer (£65-85k plus bonus)

Essential Skills

· Buy side development experience, preferably in a hedge fund environment.
· An understanding of Risk concepts (VaR, stress testing etc).
· In-depth knowledge of a fund accounting package e.g. Advent Geneva, Beauchamps Fund Manager etc.
· Strong C# development skills.
· Extensive SQL Server development experience, specifically table design and query optimization within very large databases.
· Good communication skills.
· Strong analytic skills with the ability to think critically.
· Team leading experience.

Desirable
· CFA / Finance Degree.
· Knowledge of PnL attribution concepts.
· Bloomberg experience.

Wow thats a nice salary. Would have gone for it if I had any knowledge of fun accounting stuff. Where is it based may I ask?( I assume london?)

Soldato
I know Siemens are recruiting wind turbine techs in a few areas around the country at the mo, east coast and Central Scotland I believe.

Their website has the details you need a mech or elec background.

Back
Top Bottom