This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching a couple of Chinooks do a couple of loops over our way, one of the best sounds in the world!
We had one over us yesterday (SE London, no military stuff for a good few miles). I assumed it was the police chopper while I was making tea, but looked up and saw 2 rotors less than a mile away! Seemed to come back and forth into view for a bit.

What is it with vehicles and walls this year? along the roads I use daily either to commute or other stuff there has been a constant string of incidents involving vehicles and walls.

Starts with this really:

Few days later this happens about 50 yards along the same road https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-60806457 (the media sometimes confuse the two but they are separate incidents)

Then a couple of weeks back or so about 50 yards the other way https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-62505667 forager hit the wall and ruptured gas lines while avoiding a badly driven lorry coming the other way through the narrow bit.

That has caused constant traffic chaos with long term road or lane closures, etc.

EDIT: I forgot one - a lorry also took out a wall on the road immediately adjacent to the second incident a few days later when it was being used as a diversion despite being unsuitable for heavy goods vehicles forcing the closure of that road ever since.

Yesterday a large vehicle took out a wall on one of the commonly used diversions around that area...

Meanwhile the next village along was the scene of this https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/a30-driver-bizarrely-gets-car-7337247 and then last weekend the road was closed overnight the other end of that village due to an incident, there aren't details currently as to what happened but part of it a vehicle hit the wall at the side of the road taking out a 6-8 foot long section.

Meanwhile a bit further along from there on one of the roads I use for commuting a lorry took out a section of wall in Yenston beside the road causing a few days of issues due to traffic having to go around the mess, further along that road at Templecombe there is currently roadworks due to a wall collapsing, not sure if that is just age/weather or there is some talk it was hit by a lorry and further along in Templecombe there is a junction with a walled planter in the middle serving as a traffic island which has been hit twice by lorries - they'd literally just finished off repairing it from the last one when it got demolished again a day later...

Then a little further away but within my area https://www.dorset.live/news/dorset-news/gillingham-traffic-crash-van-police-7322149

I expect generally, especially with so many large vehicles on the roads these days, it happens fairly often but it seems a lot concentrated in my area in the last 6 months - never known it before.

EDIT: Forgot another one - approaching Milborne Port one night back in April a vehicle managed to hit just about everything (multiple times hit each side of the road before rolling) including the gabion retaining wall for the bank scattering debris and rocks all up the road for about 100-150 yards (the dark patch on the right on the image is where they hit it - can't really see it in the dark but the metal mesh is all broken out.). From what I've heard they somehow walked away from that without a scratch.

PNL2ZVy.png

6MYTX6W.png

We had one over us yesterday (SE London, no military stuff for a good few miles). I assumed it was the police chopper while I was making tea, but looked up and saw 2 rotors less than a mile away! Seemed to come back and forth into view for a bit.

Nothing beats seeing them fly over, such a thump to them... We're not far from Brize Norton, Salisbury Plain etc so get a fair bit of Military aircraft, almost daily we see the Hercules fly over and its usually at quite low altitude.

I've been tired for over a week now, possibly two.

I'm getting about 8 hrs sleep (which is more than I'd usually get) so I don't know if it's the heat that's done it or something else.

I'm getting about 8 hrs sleep (which is more than I'd usually get) so I don't know if it's the heat that's done it or something else.

Checked oxygen levels? some people have had bouts of fatigue due to COVID, even very mild or asymptomatic or long COVID type thing.

Checked oxygen levels? some people have had bouts of fatigue due to COVID, even very mild or asymptomatic or long COVID type thing.

Nope, where do I start? :D
I walked up Vesuvius the other week so you'd hope they're okay!

Saying that, November 2020, I had to goto the docs and hospital for various airflow tests and x-rays because I was short of breath and felt like my lungs weren't filling up...they didn't know what was wrong.

Then COVID came.

I'd check for covid too as I've been feeling the same for the last few days.

I don't have covid but I do have a chest infection so on antibiotics for it. I always get extra tired and start getting night sweats. I have to have a spare towel handy and another top because I wake up in the night shivering and freezing because I have sweated so much.

It's not fun.

So yeah, get yourself checked and hope you are ok.

I'd check for covid too as I've been feeling the same for the last few days.

I don't have covid but I do have a chest infection so on antibiotics for it. I always get extra tired and start getting night sweats. I have to have a spare towel handy and another top because I wake up in the night shivering and freezing because I have sweated so much.

It's not fun.

So yeah, get yourself checked and hope you are ok.

You think I'm able to see a doc for another two weeks easily? :D

You think I'm able to see a doc for another two weeks easily? :D
Hmmmmm..... Good point!! ;)

I live in York and surprised myself by filling in an online form and they deemed it important enough to get me seen in their surgery the same day.

It took several goes though and apparently you could only fill in a maximum of 20 things!! So had to delete a fair few symptoms!! Lol!

So there is hope :D

Hmmmmm..... Good point!! ;)

I live in York and surprised myself by filling in an online form and they deemed it important enough to get me seen in their surgery the same day.

It took several goes though and apparently you could only fill in a maximum of 20 things!! So had to delete a fair few symptoms!! Lol!

So there is hope :D

I remember going to my doctor's and being like, "it hurts when I do this", they said "then don't do that".

I got discharged from the local hospital once because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me too, told my father he must have been on drugs. Lovely eh

I remember going to my doctor's and being like, "it hurts when I do this", they said "then don't do that".

I got discharged from the local hospital once because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me too, told my father he must have been on drugs. Lovely eh
I’ve had a bit of shortness of breath for a couple of weeks now. Spoke to my heart doctor who wasnt worried at all. Said a lot of her patients are suffering with it atm. The humidity is replacing all the oxygen in the air with moisture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom