This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
fq0g8Ac.png

:confused: :confused: :confused: what is this timeline

Many animals employ behavior to intimidate/ threaten other animals.

And I see the IOPC have removed themselves from this farce of faux confected outrage and passed the buck back to Surrey to deal with!

I think Surrey Police will drag it out and try to bury it with a "lessons learned" or something similar reason....because I have a sneaky suspicion that it wasn't just the decision making of one rogue officer driving a vehicle, hours into an incident, that led to what was recorded on the video.

And perry/ throwing lines in police vehicles are there to assist in rescuing people drowming in water. Not for use as a general purpose rope for all occasions and the use of such 'life saving' equipment for general, non intended, use is generally rather frowned upon by organisations like the police.

Last edited:
Many animals employ behavior to intimidate/ threaten other animals.

And I see the IOPC have removed themselves from this farce of faux confected outrage and passed the buck back to Surrey to deal with!

I think Surrey Police will drag it out and try to bury it with a "lessons learned" or something similar reason....because I have a sneaky suspicion that it wasn't just the decision making of one rogue officer driving a vehicle, hours into an incident, that led to what was recorded on the video.

And perry/ throwing lines in police vehicles are there to assist in rescuing people drowming in water. Not for use as a general purpose rope for all occasions and the use of such 'life saving' equipment for general, non intended, use is generally rather frowned upon by organisations like the police.

But deliberately ramming animals with a police vehicle is not?

But deliberately ramming animals with a police vehicle is not?

'Vehicle tactical contact' is a tactic taught and used by the police under the understanding it may lead to serious injury and in some cases death of thoose on the receiving end of the contact.**

Cattle herding animals out of control in urban centers isn't.

Hope that helps

** also the use of such tactics often requires control room authority, in most police forces, which is another reason I suspect the decision making went a bit higher with this incident.

Last edited:
Our Chief Constable has just been sacked for gross missconduct. Lied about his military carrer on his CV.

Yip, proper Walter Mitty character.

I find how he thought he could get away with lying about his rank, time served, campaigns fought in and how he got away with it for so long, equally perplexing.

All seemingly unraveled because a guy who is totally obsessed with medals wrote a letter explaining how one of the medals he had was worn incorrectly in a photo.

If you think the UK is bad then.....

A girl gets gang raped by a group of guys in a park in Germany.

The rapists send footage on WhatsApp and invite their friends to come and join them, this leads to additional rapes for the same girl in 3 further incidents in the park.

11 suspects are arrested, 9 of them have DNA matched to semen taken from the girl and were subsequently charged/found guilty.

Also, a German woman sent a couple of offensive text messages to one of the rapists calling him a pig etc.

So guess what happened next; who do you think the wise German justice system deemed should spend more time in jail? The woman who sent the offensive text messages or 8 out of the 9 rapists combined?

The woman of course, 8 out of the 9 rapists were teenagers <18 so got no jail time at all and the 9th who was an adult got less than three years!

Meanwhile, the woman who texted one of them calling him a rapist pig etc.. spent a weekend in jail! For "offensive" text messages????

Last edited:
When are we going to realise the current criminal justice system is not appropriate for level of increase of crime or violence now witnessed.
Has the level of violent crime risen?
If so in comparison to when?

Just because you are hearing more about crime doesn't mean it's suddenly at it's worst.

Going back 25 odd years I remember the absolute hysteria about children being abducted by strangers and how we needed much harsher laws to deal with it, and IIRC it turned out child abduction by strangers was at one of the lowest points in 50 years, it's just that 24 hour news had recently become a major thing in the UK and there were a couple of cases in relatively quick succession (and another where it turned out the mum had hidden her daughter under a bed at a friends house to try and get some money from the public and for the story).

I will give you that the system needs some reform, or rather we need a lot more police to actually investigate crimes, and the various court rooms that the government shut down re-opened along with reinstating the magistrates that were done away with* so that the actual time between say a criminal being arrested with evidence and the case going through the court successfully is shorter - the fact that rapes are now taking years to reach court isn't a failing of the police, the judges, the lawyers or the CPS, it's because the government has absolutely gutted the justice system and left it in a state where there aren't enough people to actually do the jobs especially in regards to the actual court proceedings.

Add in little things like the government closing prisons and not building replacements...

*IIRC there used to be a magistrates court in pretty much every town, the government did away with most of the smaller ones (and the smaller police stations) in the name of "efficiency", where efficiency means that everyone involved now has to travel, often for an hour plus to do a 5 minute hearing.

Last edited:
Has the level of violent crime risen?
Sexual violence has risen.
Knife crime has risen.
General report of assaults and muggings has risen.

the fact that rapes are now taking years to reach court isn't a failing of the police, the judges, the lawyers or the CPS, it's because the government has absolutely gutted the justice system and left it in a state where there aren't enough people to actually do the jobs especially in regards to the actual court proceedings.
I dont think the timing to get it to court is necessarily the problem, conviction rate is interesting to say the least.
As for the german court, who's failing who there? That judge should be removed from their post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom