This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Associate
I’d take a stab in the dark red mist officer told chair dude to get on the floor but didn’t so he went at it.

No idea if there is clear audio on this I’m in a dentists waiting room.. wish me luck

Caporegime
Jumping to conclusions a bit there.

Not really, it seems strange to gloss over the first and most important part of the video and just say that you're not sure if the person in the chair deserved it. I'm not really sure what he's trying to say with that statement which is why I questioned it.

The person in the chair, even with his hands up, is still more of a threat than the person lying on the ground under the taser.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That said, no one seems to know the context.
Someone on a whatsapp group was there and gave their view of events:

By the sounds of it, one of the brothers saw the police officer(s) handling their mum and decided that punching the police officer was what was necessary. The events in the video are what then unfolded.

Edit* Saw the Manc police tweet, so yeah this line of events tracks with their statement. The brothers should have kept their hands to themselves instead of attacking police.

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit* Saw the Manc police tweet, so yeah this line of events tracks with their statement. The brothers should have kept their hands to themselves instead of attacking police.
Yes they should have, but sadly many won't see or want to see (or believe) the GMP's statement and are calling for blood over on Twitter and elsewhere.
All of this was so so easy to avoid.

Soldato
New government so maybe they make an example but under the old regime, you'd probably be right.
It's not really a matter of who's incharge it's the law and all these treaties we're signed up to that keeps people like that here. The last Tory government looked at pulling the UK out of the Human Rights Convention and replacing it with something similar that would allow them to kick people out who caused trouble but there wasn't enough support for it.

An ice cube in hell has better chance then seeing a Labour government make the required changes to report such people

Caporegime
It's called **** around and find out.

Are you talking about the officer? As he ****** around and is now likely to find his P45.

I can’t believe people are attempting to justify that level of force on someone already subdued. The police aren’t there to assault you back to the same or higher degree or deliver retribution for colleagues. They had him restrained and he’d already been tasered which is already quite unpleasant considering many people **** and/or **** themselves.

Back
Top Bottom