This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Don
I'm struggling to see how the picture can improve much for the policeman. There will have to be some pretty spectacular context for him to somehow not get in trouble given the guy was already restrained.

yep, it looks totally over the top, I can't see how anything led that situation to lead to that response

Man of Honour
Personal I would have just pulled my Sig out of my holster and put a bullet in his head , would have done us all a favour.

Considering the terrorist alert level that we’re still at and that they tried to grab the officers guns, they were lucky this didn’t happen. People would soon be moaning if the police didn’t act, they can’t win. Of course now the racist word is also being thrown around.

Caporegime
Personal I would have just pulled my Sig out of my holster and put a bullet in his head , would have done us all a favour.
What's a sig? Some form of vape?

For me it's quite simple. Whatever happened prior to the filming clearly escalated things way beyond where they should've been. Should an officer have behaved like that? Absolutely not, but we don't know what drove him to behave like that. What I can say for certain is that there are absolutely 100% people out there who would get that treatment from me under certain circumstances, and one of those circumstances is getting violent with my coworkers. Some people are simply feral, there's no reasoning, no logic, no de-escalating. They simply go crazy and start attacking. If one of them did that to one of my coworkers I wouldn't be able to guarantee that I wouldn't want to give them a good stomping too.

But as has already been stated a million times, it's all conjecture at this point. We're judging someone who has very clearly got the red mist but we don't know why.

I'm not a cop for obvious reasons.

Associate
yep, it looks totally over the top, I can't see how anything led that situation to lead to that response
4 police officers being assaulted is the reason, might not be justified given guy was on the ground.

But the boys in blue protect each other and if a number of them have been injured by a certain individual, you can bet that someones going to give him a kicking somewhere along the line. This is extremely evident in the US, but is equally supported by the police force on these shores.

What is disgusting is the amount of support this disgusting POS got from their community, they dont care care for context, they dont care what the perpetrator has done, all they want to do is support tackling UK police.

Caporegime
What I can tell you though in principle is if violent criminals get a kicking I don’t lose sleep.

There's no evidence yet that either of them are violent criminals. For all we know, the firearms officer could have rocked up and started laying into the "wrong lads" considering quite a few other men were there and involved from the video clips. Both men in the main video have been released without charge.

that they tried to grab the officers guns

They made no attempt on the officers' weapons, it was a risk they considered, but would always be a risk with people walking in close proximity to them on a daily basis. It's quite clear from the police statement that no attempt was made.

Last edited:
Soldato
We were talking about BBc media reports and then suddenly you switch onto something else.

What I can tell you though in principle is if violent criminals get a kicking I don’t lose sleep.
Let's just conveniently ignore everything you said prior to mentioning the bbc then?

What I can tell you though in principle is, no trained police officer should ever be acting in that manner, irrespective of his skin colour or the colour of the one being restrained, irrespective of innocence or guilt. Some of us said this from the start, and we stand by this position as its the correct one, not skewed or blinded by any sort of hatred.

Associate
So he assaulted four police officers including a female one, tried grabbing their guns but was then allowed to go home without charge ?

Either the reporting on this case is extremely dubious at the moment or the police have gone from curb stompers to hippies in the space of a few hours.

Soldato
Lot of us jumping into judgement without knowing the whole picture.

I do find it odd that this is making bigger news than the soldier who was stabbed and then almost immediately blamed on 'mental health'.

Was the soldier stabbed by a policeman?

It's making the news because the police are held to a higher regard than a civilian. Especially armed police.

It also makes for a good news story, gotta get those clicks.

Soldato
4 police officers being assaulted is the reason, might not be justified given guy was on the ground.

But the boys in blue protect each other and if a number of them have been injured by a certain individual, you can bet that someones going to give him a kicking somewhere along the line. This is extremely evident in the US, but is equally supported by the police force on these shores.

What is disgusting is the amount of support this disgusting POS got from their community, they dont care care for context, they dont care what the perpetrator has done, all they want to do is support tackling UK police.

Are you sure it was these particular individuals who assaulted the 4 police officers?? Why were both released so quickly then??

The story is ever changing and will probably continue to change which further supports the position that no officer should ever kick a restrained person in the head and then proceed to stamp on it. What's wrong with some of you?

Soldato
I'm struggling to see how the picture can improve much for the policeman. There will have to be some pretty spectacular context for him to somehow not get in trouble given the guy was already restrained.

He may get some sympathy from sections of the public if the allegations of the man assaulting a female officer are accurate but I'd imagine that's not going to count for much in a court of law.
He would literally have to be struggling for his life and trying to stop his weapon being taken to get away with booting and then stamping on that guys head.
He's finished.

Caporegime
One newspaper headline today 'White Policeman stamps on Asian mans head', nothing like trying to add fuel to the fire.
Most people will see the video and absolutely nothing else, such is the way of our apathetic, low information society. That is before we even add any biases.

By the time the police statement came out it was too late. The only solutions I can see is that the police either stop caring and just beat everyone's head in for the slightest mishap or ensure it never happens again (not that it matters of course as it won't be changing anyone's minds in the communities that have already written authority off).

Last edited:
Associate
Are you sure it was these particular individuals who assaulted the 4 police officers?? Why were both released so quickly then??

The story is ever changing and will probably continue to change which further supports the position that no officer should ever kick a restrained person in the head and then proceed to stamp on it. What's wrong with some of you?
I just gave you logic and reason as to why the individual on the ground was assaulted in line with the police PR response.

The police are human at the end of the day, they make mistakes too. Yes they can have rules for not assaulting individuals, in the same way they have rules for not sleeping with victims of crime, guess what, both occurs...

Soldato
I'm still struggling to understand at what point of training does Taser Taser Taser - Fired - crim in electric shock position = Hard kick from other office to the face, followed by a head stamp and then a hard kick to the groin of someone else that was slowly being compliant.
Perhaps I need to check what country this happened in?

Soldato
I just gave you logic and reason as to why the individual on the ground was assaulted in line with the police PR response.

The police are human at the end of the day, they make mistakes too. Yes they can have rules for not assaulting individuals, in the same way they have rules for not sleeping with victims of crime, guess what, both occurs...
You could apply similar logic to the guy who assaulted police officers, he's clearly and idiot who has no regard for rules or the law. It happens. Doesn't make it right.

Soldato

I know, my response was more general than directed at you. These things do indeed happen and thus highlight that some people clearly shouldn't be working in such positions especially as a firearms officer.

Kicking someone in the head who is already restrained on the floor and posing no danger is not only wrong it's an incredibly cowardly thing to do. Assuming said person had done a heinous crime, I dunno, killed 10 police officers. He still needs to be tried in a court of law where all the evidence is looked at. If someone wants to argue that sentences in this country aren't harsh enough I'm fully on board with that, it's disgraceful at times but that's a different issue entirely.

Back
Top Bottom