This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
You seem to be blind to what happened that led to where that video clip started.

At no point did I say what the PC did was OK, but we don't have all the info yet to make an informed decision on how/why it all panned out.

I am not registered blind so so keep your personal attacks in check.

If you cant fix it I will just have to ignore it then.

Associate
No issues with pepper spray or Taser from my perspective, especially if they've been kicking off and fighting/being aggressive.

He did have his hands up and was filming with his phone. So not an immediate threat. Also bare in mind, this is 1 of 4 men that were arrested. Were they or guilty? Or just 1 or 2? Or none of them? If the guy who got pepper sprayed wasn't involved in any assault, then it absolutely is excessive force.

Soldato
He did have his hands up and was filming with his phone. So not an immediate threat. Also bare in mind, this is 1 of 4 men that were arrested. Were they or guilty? Or just 1 or 2? Or none of them? If the guy who got pepper sprayed wasn't involved in any assault, then it absolutely is excessive force.
I've only watched the first clip and it looks like they've identified him for some reason (likely to have been involved) before spraying, presumably it'll all come out in the wash.

I think there's levels to type of mistakes that are acceptable - in such a situation then a taser or spray could be warranted, and if it's a mistake then it's a mistake. Not sure what warrants a kick to the face when someone is on the floor. Apart from the folks on here that would kick anyone who isn't white.

Unlike most people on here I'm no expert in how you deal with these situations or what the law is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Without saying something that would see me in Jail with Rob, I will bid you all the best plasmahal and hope you soon recover and learn to read entire threads soon.

Thoughts and prayers and goodnight ;)

Soldato
Really ! If you served? And I think you have then your in the vast minority that thinks putting female officers on the tip of the spear is a good idea. Maybe I got that wrong .

I'll put it in layman's terns for anyone else .

Guys were going in it's going to get bloody , who do you want as your wingman? Mandy from accounts or Andy from the warehouse ( 2nd row county rugby team player ) ? There's no place for diversity where violence is concerned- sorry but someone else who was physically more capable was passed up on this role.

I stand by what I said and this wanted criminal got his just deserves.
Maybe I was unclear in my sarcasm.

Female officers shouldn’t be at the sharp end of policing.

Soldato
You think Joe and Jane on social media care about the before and after? All that exists is now.
Who cares what someone else thinks? People need to make their own opinion based on the information available.

From what I understand is the police wanted to search an auntie, and the relatives didn't like it and attacked 3 police officers. One female police officer had her nose broken. I've heard the other 2 were also female officers, so 3 women attacked.

At least 2 male relatives were on a rampage punching police women.

I don't condone the kicking to the head when the guy was restrained already. But I can understand emotions were high.

If I was punching police officers I wouldn't be expecting to be treated nicely in return.

The airport itself is a higher than normal security area. If an officer wants to search you let them search you.

Soldato
Without saying something that would see me in Jail with Rob, I will bid you all the best plasmahal and hope you soon recover and learn to read entire threads soon.

Thoughts and prayers and goodnight ;)
I accept your defeat. :) lets get all the facts first.

Don't look back in anger.

Soldato
According to @aVdub , anything that happened prior to the clipped video is irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to be ignoring everything leading up to the clipped video.

Doesn’t matter, this guy’s allegedly a trained Police Officer, he should be better than this. The guy’s on the ground, seemingly having already been tased, and is offering absolutely no resistance whatsoever, and this guy wades in and boots him in the head, and then follows that up by trying to drive his boot through the guys head and into the floor. And then he doesn’t even cuff the guy or try to take control of him, he just Leroy Jenkins off into the next guy, who’s obeying orders and offering no resistance, but still gets booted and pistol whipped in the back of the head by this same guy just windmilling in.

There is no justification, he’s no threat when Leroy wades in.

Last edited:
Soldato
What kind of mental gymnastics is this? The guy is videoed laying face down prone with his arms by his side and has just been tasered. How do you come to the conclusion, from that evidence that said man is 'going for a gun'???
All I and you can do is comment on what’s being reported.

Man of Honour
And then he doesn’t even cuff the guy or try to take control of him, he just Leroy Jenkins off into the next guy, who’s obeying orders and offering no resistance, but still gets booted and pistol whipped in the back of the head by this same guy just windmilling in.

That is the aspect which raises questions for me - though they are trained to be assertive even when someone is appearing to be complying and it isn't clear what interaction that second guy may or may not have had previously with the police. But not even restraining the first guy, and that doesn't seem to be part of a process i.e. first officer neutralise, second officer cuffs or something, and then jumping on to the second guy in that manner appears both unprofessional and poor practise potentially putting his colleagues in danger.

But so much missing or vague information at this point.

Reminds me of a bouncer in a local nightclub - little jumped up twerp who wanted any excuse to brutalise people without them being able to fight back - eventually ended up badly for him.

Soldato
That is the aspect which raises questions for me - though they are trained to be assertive even when someone is appearing to be complying and it isn't clear what interaction that second guy may or may not have had previously with the police. But not even restraining the first guy, and that doesn't seem to be part of a process i.e. first officer neutralise, second officer cuffs or something, and then jumping on to the second guy in that manner appears both unprofessional and poor practise potentially putting his colleagues in danger.

But so much missing or vague information at this point.

Reminds me of a bouncer in a local nightclub - little jumped up twerp who wanted any excuse to brutalise people without them being able to fight back - eventually ended up badly for him.

Again, the guy attacks someone who isn’t a threat at that point. There is no context, background information to come out or whatever else that can justify using force in that situation. The guy’s already down, prone under the tasers of at least 2 other officers and not offering resistance. He isn’t a threat, and the Police’s own code of conduct or the law doesn’t allow for punishment beatings.

Back
Top Bottom