This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Caporegime
Funny how the video of them breaking an officers nose is not forthcoming.
and that gives the police permission to stamp and kick someones head whos laying on the floor?

do cops wear steel toe cap boots?

They are supposed to show restraint and control, he lost it worse than most club bouncers smacking a chav. so he shouldn't be in the job, he can't even control his own actions

If the guy punched an attacker and he lands on the floor, so be it, but he's now a none threat surely...

I like how the female seems pretty much useless there... imagine having to rely on her as your backup

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Again, the guy attacks someone who isn’t a threat at that point. There is no context, background information to come out or whatever else that can justify using force in that situation. The guy’s already down, prone under the tasers of at least 2 other officers and not offering resistance. He isn’t a threat, and the Police’s own code of conduct or the law doesn’t allow for punishment beatings.

My comment is mostly about the detainment of the second person. But if the first guy had previously put up resistance and committed violence despite appearing to be subdued then things are not as straight forward as that.

Caporegime
But if the first guy had previously put up resistance and committed violence despite appearing to be subdued then things are not as straight forward as that.
aye gotta teach them a lesson right.
do cops wear steel toe cap boots? I wouldn't like to be kicked in the head by one

Caporegime
That policeman was bang out of order in this, there was potential for loss of life if he stamped the guys head in. So he should be getting swift justice and not above the law. :mad:

However watching the video prior, you can hear a ***Come on, be better than that***, screaming we've done nothing etc. But IF one of them has assaulted a police woman, then they should not be getting a free card either

I can see the diverse community kicking off over this though :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Just scanning police officers opinions on reddit, unlike OC posters not a single officer sees this as acceptable. They reckon the officer will be fired and probably goto prison. A selection of police officers comments:

Police Officer (unverified)

Just stomped his career away there, I’d say.

emoji:verified:

Police Officer (verified)

His freedom you mean. He’s going to prison for this.

SomewhereExtra8667
19h ago
emoji:International:

International Law Enforcement (unverified)

Very much doubt prison but definitely charged and fired

emoji:verified:

Special Constable (verified)

It being in the UK, prison in this case is very likely I’d say.

Not much information available on this at the moment as it looks like this only happened an hour or so ago, but I can see a few clues in the video. Unarmed officer starts crying part way through the video, and her hair is all messed up. I suspect she was assaulted at some point before the video starting and the 2 armed officers were responding a backup shout.
With all that being said, kicking and stomping someone to the head who's clearly under NMI from the taser shot is impossible to justify. Career-ending move for sure and probably an assault conviction.

Ex-Police/Retired (unverified)

It is. Total loss of control.
The officer has a taser, a pistol, a baton, handcuffs, open hand techniques and an incapacitant spray as tactical options and his choice is to boot the first guy in the face and stomp on him before kicking and pistol whipping the second with the taser.

Yet again no context for the video, despite this, very difficult to justify kicking someone to the head in most circumstances, especially when they are laying face down.

Police Officer (verified)

Yet again no context for the video, despite this, very difficult to justify kicking someone to the head in most circumstances, especially when they are laying face down.

Special Constable (verified)

Indeed. For all he knows, he could have been one kick away from a murder charge

Not just facedown, it looks to me likes he's still under the effect of the taser given how he's laying on the floor

Job loser, that. Can't think what made him do that kick. Definitely not an OST technique and definitely goes against everything you've ever been taught

Yet everyone on the UK Cop Humour Facebook page (including themselves most likely) seems to be supporting the actions of the officer
Absolute red mist moment from the officer. I just can’t see any justification for that level of force, given that the first guy is under NMI and prone on the floor appearing to offer absolutely zero threat, and the second bloke who is on his knees with his hands behind his head who gets a kick in the leg and a few digs to the back and head.
I hate to be an armchair critic, especially as we’re all in the same boat here, but this is absolutely deplorable.

Detective Constable (unverified)

Im betting that guy had just seen a female officer get assaulted in a nasty way, probably knew her. He's seen red.
Doesn't justify it, but does explain it.
I would like to think I'd act in a more controlled way.

I have been a police officer for a very long time. And I genuinely can’t see any justification for this.
Not from what I see anyway. They were on the floor.
A kick, strike, or whatever if they’re approaching you sure. I’d accept that. But they were face down on the floor and he took a step back as if it were a rugby ball.
Doesn’t sit right with me - see what PSD say.

Detective Constable (unverified)

If it wasn't obvious enough, you can clearly tell he's absolutely lost it when he pistol whips the second chap on the floor with his taser and is shaking his fist in his face. Whether we like it or not, red mist could happen to us all if we see our best mate have their nose broken - not justifying it at all, but it's one of them where you can see why he lost it (and by it I also mean his job).

This is a difficult watch.

Man of Honour
aye gotta teach them a lesson right.
do cops wear steel toe cap boots? I wouldn't like to be kicked in the head by one

I don't know for sure - but the armed response don't usually - I'm not sure what is current issue but used to be stuff like the Sneeker Microlite.

Soldato
My comment is mostly about the detainment of the second person. But if the first guy had previously put up resistance and committed violence despite appearing to be subdued then things are not as straight forward as that.

Again, the Police’s own code of conduct sets out when force can and can’t be used, attacking someone when they’re already subdued falls well outside of that. What happened moments before shouldn’t matter, the guy isn’t a threat in that moment, and this guy chooses violence. And then there’s the manner in which he decided to do that, kicking someone’s head like a football, then stomping it into a hard surface. The IOPC or GMP’s own internal standards will crucify this guy for it, he may even end up with an assault\GBH conviction for his efforts, all because can’t keep his emotions in check it seems.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Again, the Police’s own code of conduct sets out when force can and can’t be used, attacking someone when they’re already subdued falls well outside of that. What happened moments before shouldn’t matter, the guy isn’t a threat in that moment, and this guy chooses violence. And then there’s the manner in which he decided to do that, kicking someone’s head like a football, then stomping it into a hard surface. The IOPC or GMP’s own internal standards will crucify this guy for it, he may even end up with an assault\GBH conviction for his efforts, all because can’t keep his emotions in check it seems.

Doesn't work like that in reality especially with armed officers, it will depend on what happened before - if they previously had him appearing to be subdued and then was able to commit violence all bets are off as to what would and wouldn't be considered justified. (Though stamping on the head almost certainly wouldn't unless there was an imminent threat to life).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh great, justice for islamophobia getting involved now. Didn't take them long :rolleyes:

" Innocent bystanders being involved "
" Innocent camera man being sprayed "
" Unjustifed stop and search "

Without being there, and ignoring the prior assault ( putting aside the Policeman's horrendous actions )

Soldato
Video footage doesn't always tell the full story but I can't see any likely circumstances where you could justify a kick to the head like that.

It's certainly not the case that such an action would never be justified but the perceived danger posed would have to be immediate and severe.

It seems like the 'red mist' may have been at play. But police officers shouldn't be acting in retribution.

It doesn't help that the officer involved would, much more than the typical officer, be practising/ being assessed on the police national decision model in respect of justifying use of force due to their particular role.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It seems like the 'red mist' may have been at play. But police officers shouldn't be acting in retribution.
saw a lot during the covid protest clamp downs, anger punches, setting dogs on people etc.

they aren't as professional as they once were, more like a security force of thugs

Soldato
Doesn't work like that in reality especially with armed officers, it will depend on what happened before - if they previously had him appearing to be subdued and then was able to commit violence all bets are off as to what would and wouldn't be considered justified. (Though stamping on the head almost certainly wouldn't unless there was an imminent threat to life).

To add context to what I’m saying, a couple of my mates are currently serving officers, while one of those mate’s dads retired from the rank of superintendent a few years ago, and they’re all saying the same thing this morning. The officer involved’s lost it, seen red and completely overstepped the mark. You can’t wave what he did away with empty platitudes like ‘it doensn’t work like that ‘ or ‘you don’t know the context’. In that moment the guy wasn’t a threat, and this guy chose violence. Completely unjustified.

He didn’t even attempt to take control of the guy he kicked in the head, before launching into the other guy despite the presence of plenty of backup. The fact that he’s also an armed officer just makes it even worse, as he should be able to cope with high pressure situations without completely losing the plot like this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Who cares what someone else thinks? People need to make their own opinion based on the information available.
They need to... but won't. It would be fantastic if the majority researched a subject before commenting or acting on impulse, sadly reality disappoints.

This single video could easily have evolved into riots with how short the period of time between events/reaction is now and the police is cognisant to that threat.

Last edited:
Soldato
saw a lot during the covid protest clamp downs, anger punches, setting dogs on people etc.

they aren't as professional as they once were, more like a security force of thugs
I suspects aspects of policing were never that professional; just organised thugs but these days they are much more visible through advent of social media etc. Either way, poor training / temperament for the job.

Back
Top Bottom