This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Associate
The police officer was still wrong to kick the man on the ground, and should face suitable consequences.... But there quite rightly should be trouble if the males they were dealing with aren't charged and convicted as well...

I'll be honest, if that's the timespan all the violence happened in real time, I've changed my mind. I don't think the officer should lose his job or face criminal charges. He was reacting to an immediate threat

Soldato
It is certainly interesting how quickly, or not, the media starts broadcasting this new video on to their news outlets. Nothing yet ....

I saw the video on the Manchester outlet, the Manchester Evening News first.

Will have to wait and see how much it's picked up further afield.

Man of Honour
I'll be honest, if that's the timespan all the violence happened in real time, I've changed my mind. I don't think the officer should lose his job or face criminal charges. He was reacting to an immediate threat

And even if not the best reaction, you could argue adrenaline would be flowing and he had been clobbered on the back of the head. It’s not like he stomped on a completely innocent guys head as had been originally suggested.

Soldato
And even if not the best reaction, you could argue adrenaline would be flowing and he had been clobbered on the back of the head. It’s not like he stomped on a completely innocent guys head as had been originally suggested.

I’d happily hear out the notion that he was concussed, and reasonably believed the kid had taken his gun.

Soldato

Police officers have to be able to justify any use of force.

It still appears the kicks, especially the 2nd, were in retaliation not self defence or defence of another or to affect an arrest etc.

Criminal charges may not be appropriate but police officers can't act like that without consequences even if there is extreme provocation beforehand, which now appears to be the case here.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Associate
That rozzer needs a medal and promotion considering the fact that the terror threat is substantial and that lot have plenty of previous.

Associate
Why was they released after that footage its totally bizarre.

They don't have the resources to put cases towards CPS before bailing suspects.

I was unlawfully arrested this year for going to my jointly owned home to inspect it's condition. This was all perfectly legal, there was no court order banning it, the ex was not in the house and I didn't force entry. Yet she claimed harassment and I was arrested. Instead of presenting the case to the CPS for over a month my case didn't go near the CPS. Police took no further action. I will be taking legal action against the police

Soldato
I knew there would be some missing context that at least explained things rather than justify them but wow. Total scum bags and hope they face serious repercussions.

Sure the police officer could have handled it better but he just saw his colleagues nose smashed in, another punched 6 times then he gets attacked from behind and punched several times then thrown on the floor. Only 5 seconds passed between him being floored and him kicking him in the head. He would have been full of adrenaline and unclear what just occurred.

Last edited:
Associate
The level of violence shown by the individuals is appalling. Watching the female officer wobble as she tries to get back on her feet is heartbreaking. That's someone's sister, wife, or mother, and no one deserves that level of violence.

I still feel the male officer is in trouble. There's too much delay between him getting up, turning around, pulling out his gun or taser, and then deciding to retaliate by kicking and stomping.

Also how the thugs were both allowed to leave the police custody is mind-boggling.

Last edited:
Soldato
looks like the guy who was sat down might have got tased too
he sat down kinda quick, then the cop reacts as if he realises why
then when the headstomp happens it looks he pulls the taser barbs out
maybe it's not a clean hit as it didn't affect him much and he easily removed it

dunno how tasers work, can they fire multiple times? seems a bit odd the cop pointing his taser at the other guy?

edit: when the cop first aims the taser something drops out of the bottom of it onto the floor

Last edited:
Soldato
z8McMJJ.jpeg

Dindoonuffin:cry:
They have the collective IQ of a parsnip, and that's me being generous, and not to the parsnip.

Back
Top Bottom