This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
I cant believe anyone can defend or feel sorry for the people that attacked the police officers.

I hope they get prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Absolutely disgraceful.

I don't think people feel sorry for them.

The fact remains that police shouldn't 'dish out their own justice'

So even if you've been brutally beaten by a suspect as a police officer once that threat has been neutralised you can't start continue to use force as a means of punishment/ retribution.

Even if we can all have some sympathy for the reasons why.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are some strange people on Twitter/X. Someone was talking about the guy who got his head kicked. So I said what about the police women who got her nose broken?

Suddenly people reply to me acting like I was for the head kick. Can't these people think about 2 things at once!?
The two are separate incidents so why you brought it up I have no idea! Anyone assaulting a police office should feel the full force of the law (and I would happily support harsh sentencing for offenders) but the law is not delivered by a size 9 boot to the head to a restrained suspect.

Soldato
The person who released the first footage should be charged for inciting.

The civilians should get a harsh sentence for attacking police.

The officer who kicked the guy in the head when down should be charged and sacked.

Soldato
Some more interesting context to what happened even before the more recently released video footage...

Greater Manchester Police is investigating and appealing for witnesses in relation to three incidents that occurred on the evening of Tuesday 23rd July 2024 in Manchester Airport Terminal 2.

Witnesses are asked to upload information, images, or footage to the Public Portal: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/06GMP23S59-PO1

The first incident is an altercation between passengers from Qatar Airways flight QR023, which arrived at 7.20pm. The altercation may have taken place during the flight or afterwards in the T2 baggage hall.

The second incident is a violent altercation
involving members of the public in T2 Starbucks at approximately 8.22pm.

The third incident is the assault of three police officers which occurred in the T2 car park pay point area at 8.28pm. This resulted in the three officers receiving head injuries, including a broken nose.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is independently investigating the use of force by GMP officers that directly followed these events and is shown within the footage on social media.

So the police were responding to two previous 'altercations/ violent altercations' apparently that had not invovled the police.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would totally back that, the crime they committed should see them remanded in custody as they present a clear danger to members of society.

I imagine the problem would have been that with the footage the police could legally release (ie nothing) that charging and remanding these males would have all but guaranteed worse public disorder.

Last edited:
Soldato
I imagine the problem would have been that with the footage the police could legally release that charging and remanding these males would have all but guaranteed worse public disorder.
True but sometimes you have to do what is right and this clearly isn’t, the threat of violence against the state shouldn’t see criminals walking the street.

Associate
The fact remains that police shouldn't 'dish out their own justice'
He didn't "dish out his own justice". Are you even for real? Did you watch the video? Where in that split second section did he stop to ponder that he may or may may not dish out his own justice:cry: Why does this need explaining to you morons?

i mean, have you even kissed a girl:confused:

UTT

UTT

Associate
I imagine the problem would have been that with the footage the police could legally release (ie nothing) that charging and remanding these males would have all but guaranteed worse public disorder.
Worse than protesting outside police stations, claiming the police are gangsters, burning effigies?

Is this some sort of appeasement of a particular section of society at the expense of the rest of society?

Soldato
He didn't "dish out his own justice". Are you even for real? Did you watch the video? Where in that split second section did he stop to ponder that he may or may may not dish out his own justice:cry: Why does this need explaining to you morons?

i mean, have you even kissed a girl:confused:

Firearms officers are taught to justify each and every bullet they may need to fire. I.e justify 'split second decisions'. All police are taught they need to be able to justify any force they use.

I don't think you can honestly look at that footage and find that all the force was justified by common law, under S.117 of PACE 1984 or under S.3 of the Criminal Law 1967 act which are the legal powers officers have in England and Wales to use force on other people.

Last edited:
Soldato
The two are separate incidents so why you brought it up I have no idea! Anyone assaulting a police office should feel the full force of the law (and I would happily support harsh sentencing for offenders) but the law is not delivered by a size 9 boot to the head to a restrained suspect.
They aren't 2 seperate incidents. One caused the other.

I'm in agreement that the cop went too far, likely an emotional reaction. He should face an investigation.

But people, including you it seems, trying to take it out of context aren't helping anyone.

I was hoping for some equal moral judgement when it came to a police woman having her nose broken. But when its not convenient to the unprovoked police violence narrative suddenly people want to remove context and deny the officer was hit (the second was in reference to an X conversation).

As neutral observers we should be wanting to see a situation from all angles, not picking a side and defending it against any evidence to the contrary.

Associate
It now looks more like the firearms officer was in the middle of a vicious fight rather than just kicking the **** in the head for the fun of it.
Certainly, from the latest CCTV, looks likes the poor innocent muslim boys, being beaten by the racist white UK police nazis isn't actually the truth.

Let's move over to BBC and see what they got to say about it:rolleyes:

Soldato
Abit like the grooming gangs?

Don't want to risrupt multicultural harmony?

I think the plan might of been to charge them later when things had calmed down rather than to do nothing.

I imagine some in the police will now be very relieved the second lot of footage has now come out (even if they cant say so). Because it very much changes the context in which most of the public will view the incident and in particular the officers actions.

Sometimes the correct course of action for the police is not to rush straight to trying to arrest/ prosecute people if they can achieve the same goal in due course but reduce the risk of injury/death/riot/mass property damage etc in the meantime

Last edited:
Soldato
THe first video didn't show any of that.
It's almost like it was cut......
I wonder why that could be.

At a guess it's because the first video was filmed by a member of the public whereas the newer video is from what looks like a CCTV camera... But you go ahead with your conspiracy theory angle :cry:

Do all the people in this thread that were calling for the officer to be sacked still stand by that statement?

Perhaps better to wait for the conclusion of the IOPC investigation. If the IOPC decide it was incorrect for the officer to do that, will you still be of the opinion that he was justified?

Back
Top Bottom