This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Caporegime
I do wonder if the lads have now been arrested after the video has been released or are two very dangerous men just allowed out?

I've known people who have essentially done nothing, certainly not harmful, and had to spend a weekend in the cell.

What is going on here that these individuals don't have any punishment whatsoever even with clear evidence.

Associate
We can be certain that the machinery of state will no doubt destroy the public servant that put themselves in harms way and prostate itself before the agressor. Because we have almost given up on dealing with criminality and now largely live with it.
Oh do shut up.

A person put in a position of responsibility and power violated the law.

End.

Soldato
I think the officer deserves some sort of sanction as we should hold the police to a very high standard, but that sanction should be mitigated by the circumstances shown in the newer video.

Soldato
I do worry that the public perception had already been set on this. Let's see what gets "cleared up" now. LBC segments I've listened to so far all focused on "police brutality".

I'd also like to know what the previous 2 incidents were.

Soldato
Oh do shut up.

End.
We routinely don't investigate many types of crime. There are edge cases where rapists don't go to jail. Shoplifting has effectively been decriminalised. But I have every expectation that the police officer will be sacked for responding badly after being harshly attacked whilst trying to do their job serving the community. We expect these people to keep society civil and when they **** up we destroy them, whilst criminal after criminal that blight the country is treated with kid gloves.

Soldato
Watching the leaked video I think it'll still be determined that the officer's actions went too far - you can clearly see the kick was in retaliation.

However these two guys definitely can't play the victim card and should be done for assault on an emergency worker which I believe gets a custodial sentence.

The one thing I'm surprised is how bad the attempted arrest was. Before they even had a chance to get a taser out the guy in blue had practically floored 2 of them. Why wasn't the 3rd officer already on the taser.

Soldato
Watching the leaked video I think it'll still be determined that the officer's actions went too far - you can clearly see the kick was in retaliation.

I don't think it's clear it was retaliation, as it came literally seconds after the police were getting battered by multiple people whilst reponding to a call (two of them were knocked to the floor), it looks more to me like the officer who kicked, was trying to take the guy out by kicking him unconscious to maintain control, (which I think is reasonable, given the circumstances and the fact they're carrying firearms)

What makes it more ridiculous, is the guy on the bench - having clearly clearly gotten 'stuck in' as hard as he could on one of the officers seconds before, is suddenly sat on a bench with his hands on his head like an innocent schoolboy, he could have kicked off again at any second - and he needed knocking to the ground and dealing with.

Last edited:
Associate
We routinely don't investigate many types of crime. There are edge cases where rapists don't go to jail. Shoplifting has effectively been decriminalised.

What the hell does ANY of that have to do with a police officer violating the law he swore to uphold?

The level of what-aboutery over this is utterly ridiculous.

But I have every expectation that the police officer will be sacked for responding badly after being harshly attacked whilst trying to do their job serving the community. We expect these people to keep society civil and when they **** up we destroy them

If a copper breaks the law he is meant to uphold, he should have everything including the kitchen sink thrown at him.

They have significantly more power than "the average joe" and as such they have a responsibility to control themselves.

They should be held to a higher regard than "the average joe".

Last edited:
Soldato
What the hell does ANY of that have to do with a police officer violating the law he swore to uphold?
You directly responded to this.
We can be certain that the machinery of state will no doubt destroy the public servant that put themselves in harms way and prostate itself before the agressor. Because we have almost given up on dealing with criminality and now largely live with it.
with this
Oh do shut up.

End.
so I said this
We routinely don't investigate many types of crime. There are edge cases where rapists don't go to jail. Shoplifting has effectively been decriminalised. But I have every expectation that the police officer will be sacked for responding badly after being harshly attacked whilst trying to do their job serving the community. We expect these people to keep society civil and when they **** up we destroy them, whilst criminal after criminal that blight the country is treated with kid gloves.
It's almost like you read my message dismissed it, then I countered and suddenly you don't understand why I responded further explaining.

I was mkaing the point, again, that the only person likely to be harmed by this event is the police officer reacting badly after being attacked. Which is somewhat unfair in a society where so much lawlessness is tolerated.

I'll see if a picture book explanation can be produced if that is insufficiently clear.

Soldato
If a copper breaks the law he is meant to uphold, he should have everything including the kitchen sink thrown at him.

Yeah - that's fine.

However if you attack police armed police officers in a full-blown assault, to the point where they require hospital treatment - you should expect to be smashed to the ground, and get seriously hurt or injured in the process.

If one of the offenders had pushed or shoved the officers, and they were tasered, knocked to the ground and kicked in the head - I'd agree it would have been too much, but in the wider context of the new video - I don't see a problem.

Soldato

Alternatively - A person put in a position of responsibility and power was using those to stop an active attack carried out on him and his colleagues by two violent criminals and, considering the Officer was armed and therefore could have decided to use lethal force in that situation, used the rule of minimum force to stop a growing threat.

See, its easy to write things based on snippets of video we're all seeing days later from the comfort of our homes all safe and sound. Its harder to be there in that instant feeling like your fighting for your life as you see your colleagues get taken out of the fight leaving you 1v2 against violent attackers. I am genuinely amazed at the restrain the firearms officer showed in NOT drawing his firearm to be completely honest, I know in that situation, as a trained firearms user with 20+ years of military experience, I'd have drawn mine and then seen where it goes from there, but the Police are obviously better trained than I was at reacting to criminal activity vs my military training.

Soldato
Alternatively - A person put in a position of responsibility and power was using those to stop an active attack carried out on him and his colleagues by two violent criminals and, considering the Officer was armed and therefore could have decided to use lethal force in that situation, used the rule of minimum force to stop a growing threat.

See, its easy to write things based on snippets of video we're all seeing days later from the comfort of our homes all safe and sound. Its harder to be there in that instant feeling like your fighting for your life as you see your colleagues get taken out of the fight leaving you 1v2 against violent attackers. I am genuinely amazed at the restrain the firearms officer showed in NOT drawing his firearm to be completely honest, I know in that situation, as a trained firearms user with 20+ years of military experience, I'd have drawn mine and then seen where it goes from there, but the Police are obviously better trained than I was at reacting to criminal activity vs my military training.
I’ve had enough of posting on this thread, but I’ve returned to thank you for this post.
I suspect very few on here have experienced extreme physical violence and have no idea at all what they are talking about.
Thank you for your service too.
Respect.

Soldato
Was it clearly over ? Would you be able to make that decision after been punched in the head 11 times, lost your glasses, your colleague walking around with a broken nose, and no eyes on your 3rd partner, everyone in the area shouting and screaming ??

I very much doubt it, your body is pumping with adrenaline, there is zero amount of training that can even come close that that level of intensity.
The threat in situations like this is only over when there in the back of a van locked up, you have no idea if they have mates in the area or others might join in.

I'd like to see how many of you would react in a situation like this, even those with a high level of discipline training would struggle to keep control.
Everyone on the internet would follow procedure by the book in a safe controlled manner.

Back
Top Bottom