This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Caporegime
Was it clearly over ? Would you be able to make that decision after been punched in the head 11 times, lost your glasses, your colleague walking around with a broken nose, and no eyes on your 3rd partner, everyone in the area shouting and screaming ??
so why does he kick stamp and then stop without looking around after... cos he clearly knows it's over when he does the actions.

at that point its a personal attack in anger "HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO NOT DO AS I SAY"

Soldato
Do all the people in this thread that were calling for the officer to be sacked still stand by that statement?
Yes, he is trained and expected to be of higher standards. Yes he was in fight, got.knocked down had to get up. Doesn't change his response proportionally once the suspect was subdued prior to him smashing into his head.

The one bloke in blue particularly is awful person, other one not great although complied once taser was shown etc so stopped. The cop however lost that restraint and even after the second bloke was copying carried on in a rage with weapons and lost control to start battering him in head to subdue him further.

Still assault at that point.

Soldato
Having watched the follow-up video I can understand why the cop reacted like that. I'd do the same in that situation- you can't give them time.

But l the police aren't held to the same standard, and he should be investigated fully.

I think he should be kicked out, if he doesn't resign first.

Man of Honour
Yes, he is trained and expected to be of higher standards. Yes he was in fight, got.knocked down had to get up. Doesn't change his response proportionally once the suspect was subdued prior to him smashing into his head.

The one bloke in blue particularly is awful person, other one not great although complied once taser was shown etc so stopped. The cop however lost that restraint and even after the second bloke was copying carried on in a rage with weapons and lost control to start battering him in head to subdue him further.

Still assault at that point.

All happened in about 6 seconds, I’d love to see all you keyboard lot respond any differently, even with training once the adrenaline is flowing and you’ve seen several of your colleagues battered to the ground, with injuries and a potential attacker going for your gun having also hit you in the head.

Most other countries they’d have been shot.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m still feeling that we don’t have the full story just yet.

I’ll be curious to find out what actually prompted the confrontation between police/security and the men in question?

Have any details been released about that?

Last edited:
Soldato
All happened in about 6 seconds, I’d love to see all you keyboard lot respond any differently, even with training once the adrenaline is flowing and you’ve seen several of your colleagues battered to the ground, with injuries and a potential attacker going for your gun.
There was more than 6 seconds between him getting up and the first head stomp to the first person let alone then going over and pistol whipping the other suspect.

If it had been one boot to the head and stopped I could see the adrenaline and the moment. It wasn't though. It was sustained and to two people.

Are the other two scum and meant to be in jail now yeah sure. Not defending the actions of the two people whom clearly need to be arrested and sentenced accordingly.

But that doesn't make what the copper did right or better.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I’m still feeling that we don’t have the full story just yet.

I’ll be curious to find out what actually prompted the confrontation between police/security and the men in question?

Have any details been released about that?

Allegedly they had already assaulted other people. I am intrigued by the rest of the story too, apparently there is more.

Associate
There was more than 6 seconds between him getting up and the first head stomp to the first person let alone then going over and pistol whipping the other suspect.

If it had been one boot to the head and stopped I could see the adrenaline and the moment. It wasn't though. It was sustained and to two people.

Are the other two scum and meant to be in jail now yeah sure. Not defending the actions of the two people whom clearly need to be arrested and sentenced accordingly.

I count 5. This is after he's been punched in the head about 7 or 8 times, possibly concussed and confused and dragged to the ground himself. A reasonable person would say the officer was still in fear of further violence from both of these individuals. Given their prior violent attacks it would be reasonable to expect the officer felt the need to incapacitate both men. Also the law precedence is:

R v Palmer: "A person defending himself cannot weigh to a nicety the exact measure of his necessary defensive action. If a Jury thought that in a moment of unexpected anguish a person attacked had only done what he honestly and instinctively thought was necessary that would be most potent evidence that only reasonable defensive action had been taken".

Last edited:
Soldato

Let’s hope it’s a nice PC PC that you get defending your life should the need ever arise. (Hopefully not)
Criminals have rights too don’t they :rolleyes:

Associate
Having watched the follow-up video I can understand why the cop reacted like that. I'd do the same in that situation- you can't give them time.

But l the police aren't held to the same standard, and he should be investigated fully.

I argued the same before seeing the second video. If he's fired, every police officer in the country may aswell resign because according to people like yourself, they have no right to defend themselves as part of their dangerous job. And if they do, they have to resign. There's no point in any of them investing in such a career

Man of Honour
I argued the same before seeing the second video. If he's fired, every police officer in the country may aswell resign because according to people like yourself, they have no right to defend themselves as part of their dangerous job. And if they do, they have to resign. There's no point in any of them investing in such a career

Exactly and if that guy got back up and went on a further rampage everyone would be arguing the police didn’t do enough. They can’t win. Who’d want any of these jobs these days. No wonder the country is in such a mess.

Soldato
Police forces must be sick of walking on egg shells. What can they do when the media and twitter mob come after them for doing their jobs? A bit heavy handed yes but a heightened situation with officers injured, firearms involved and suspects unwilling to comply.. Perhaps they should kick heads more often in these circumstances, we might have less crime.

They can dish it out but they can’t take it.
I stand by this ^

The single biggest issue in all of this(other than the attacks) is the media and foreign sec/MP’s immediately jumping on the bandwagon and claiming these two ‘honest, hard working chaps’ were the victims of a brutal attack without gathering evidence or giving the officers a fair trial.

We can expect it from the media, anything for a headline but zero shred of consideration from the government is a joke.

Tensions against immigration/minorities are high, pandering to criminals is simply stoking the right.

I’m not normally one to get ranty about politics but this has hit a nerve. I’m sure there’s bad apples in the forces like any walks of life but they keep us right, they shouldn’t face public execution over a heated arrest.

Soldato
Rest of the footage doesn't change anything, yes violent criminals deserve the book throwing at them for assaulting the officers. Then the officers do a pretty good job of regaining control of the situation and subduing the crims. If they'd stuck the cuffs on and completed the arrest there then sure give them a medal.

But, they then ****ed that all up by getting some revenge beating in, and the officer that did so should rightly get the book thrown at him. If you can't keep control of yourself in situations like that, the you're in the wrong job, period.

Associate

He should be investigated - but other than some training no further action be taken.

He had to ensure that the situation was brought under control quickly and that others didn’t jump in which could have forced the use of firearms.

Sometimes the police go to far or misuse power; but not here - unfortunately sometime violence is required to deal with cowardly lunatics.

Back
Top Bottom