This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something has to have made them give up on burglaries as I highly doubt they decided to collectively ignore it at the same time. If I had to guess it's probably a huge drain on resources for minimal results when realistically they already know who the criminals are, maybe the sentencing guidelines are too soft?

5 officers to confiscate some dolls. 5.

How do they know there's nothing to investigate if they don't turn up?

By asking the home owner who has called it in?

“do you have any cctv or anything that will lead us to catching the criminals?”

If it’s no, why on earth do the police need to go? To confirm to the home owner that yes they have indeed been burgled?

I get if it’s a vulnerable person who needs to be made safe and social service referrals made, but the the majority of the public?

By asking the home owner who has called it in?

“do you have any cctv or anything that will lead us to catching the criminals?”

If it’s no, why on earth do the police need to go? To confirm to the home owner that yes they have indeed been burgled?

I get if it’s a vulnerable person who needs to be made safe and social service referrals made, but the the majority of the public?

Are home owners experts on what constitutes evidence collection?

Yet if evidence has been left it will need to be handled correctly to be admissible to court.
Weak as always hurf.

You are talking about CSI evidence, which as we discussed, wouldn’t be coming out. You think the only evidence that exists would be forensic?

Go for a ride along with some response police officers, there’s far far more to policing than a PC coming to have a look at a crime and then picking items up to go to labs to be forensically examined.

You are talking about CSI evidence, which as we discussed, wouldn’t be coming out. You think the only evidence that exists would be forensic?

Go for a ride along with some response police officers, there’s far far more to policing than a PC coming to have a look at a crime and then picking items up to go to labs to be forensically examined.

Doesn't have to be forensic evidence for there to be a requirement to handle it correctly however finger prints are one of the easiest to ruin.

If you were to go on a ride along, which you haven't

Which would amount to what in a simple low value home burglary you are so keen to send officers to?

It could be many things. Discarded clothing. Tools. Witness statements from neighbours/passers by. Footprints. Glove prints/impressions. Bodily fluids. Third party CCTV footage. Heck, they could even still be on the property/in the property without the owner being aware.

Is 90 year old Mavis going to think/be able to check for these things?

Also worth noting that a domestic burglary is an SAC with the S standing for serious. It should be taken as so.

Taking some golliwog dolls is not. It's a waste of thinly stretched resource but it's also an easy job for some lazy police officers.

Do we think the poor performance of certain forces is down to poor management for the individual area/force?

Every force can't be understaffed or resource-strained, especially considering they always have multiple vehicles and officers attending my many incidents/offences.

The last time they had 3 cars and approx 6 to 8 officers in attendance. The time before that, two cars and 4 officers plus another car arrived as they were stuffing me in, so at least 1 more officer.

Do we think the poor performance of certain forces is down to poor management for the individual area/force?

Every force can't be understaffed or resource-strained, especially considering they always have multiple vehicles and officers attending my many incidents/offences.

The last time they had 3 cars and approx 6 to 8 officers in attendance. The time before that, two cars and 4 officers plus another car arrived as they were stuffing me in, so at least 1 more officer.

Stop being a dong and wasting police resource! :cry:

There certainly does seem to be differing levels of performance depending on forces and even individual departments.

• Haha
Reactions: NVP
Haha no comment.

I understand individual population and area size would impact, however isn't that taken into account when resources are given?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom