This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don't like the police for their attitude or not bothering to investigate.

Police are just damn lazy, this day and age they look like spotty teens.
They become revenue rasing inspectors.

Yeah, cops like nothing more than coming to work at a dilapidated building with no heating or hot water, trying to log in to an outdated computer system that doesn't work, then going out for a 12 hour nightshift in a knackered diesel family estate car to raise revenue.

Yeah, cops like nothing more than coming to work at a dilapidated building with no heating or hot water, trying to log in to an outdated computer system that doesn't work, then going out for a 12 hour nightshift in a knackered diesel family estate car to raise revenue.

Apart from the one testing the suspension of a police van in a Tesco car park, with the help of a bint he'd just picked up in it for some on duty rumpy pumpy. There was me thinking he was taking the whatsit, poor lad was just cold :)

You have options strike or leave.

They can probably work to rule, like train drivers debacle, even if they can't strike;
do football clubs pay fully for the overtime of them policing matches - or should they

we have reported 4 crimes at our current address not once has the police actually attended,
we watched Car thieves nicking a cat converter on a van "crime in progress" & when ringing the police we spent 20m giving them my details & rough description whilst watching them & slowlying them down, to the point we had a Shouting battle
THEN asked is it still happening? Well no not now, they just drove off (i scared them by shouting WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?)
police never came out, Or looked to circle our area even though the station is 5m away.
They left their tools, Told the owner his now kept the their tools worth £300 (Jack/+extras & still has a working van

not once has police came around to collect tools, or get prints gave them full plates of car on phone & video, have they asked for it. nope. dont give a ****

Van driver is going to watch out for them, tbh based on what ive learned today he will kick the crap out of them when they return.

all this was done at only 22:00

Last edited:
They can probably work to rule, like train drivers debacle, even if they can't strike;
do football clubs pay fully for the overtime of them policing matches - or should they
I don't think they can "work to rule" as such, as IIRC they can even be required to cancel foreign holidays if there is an "operational need". I think the most they can usually do is refuse to do roles that they may be qualified for but they have to volunteer to do. I think roles like "firearms" you can hand your qualification back at any time as they require you to be fully prepared to fire if needed, and cannot force you to continue to do it (both legally and for very common sense reasons*).

Football clubs and other events IIRC have to pay for any policing presence that would be required over a normal day, or contribute heavily towards it as part of the permission for the event to go ahead. This applies to all sorts of things like not just sports events.

*The force doesn't want someone who has expressed a wish to no longer carry a gun to be forced to do so, as it could mean that person either doesn't fire when they should, or does fire when arguably they should have waited etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom