This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying this is you @LeeUK but your story made me think of this.

:p

sPxMPBO.png

Last edited:
This is more about the courts than the police but meh... might as well put it in here:

Good news on the part of the police to be fair, Abdu-whatever got on a train and assaulted a 13-year-old girl then was immediately detained by plainclothes officers... bad news is he's been sentenced to 18 months, which in the UK (AFAIK) can actually mean as little as only 9 months in reality... for assaulting a 13-year-old!

Maybe it was a low down the scale in terms of seriousness (relatively) and maybe it was his first offence or something? Oh... wait:

Three previous convictions, out on license for one of them and "apparently ran an internet forum on which... men boasted about sexually assaulting women" WTF????

I think after three separate sexual offenses they ought to be able to consider chemical castration... or at least a sentence more like 18 years reduced to 9 years rather than 18 months! FFS!

Last edited:
It seems some police are using tazers like guns.

The police officer thought his life was in danger from a 95 year old woman using a walking frame who had a knife, in a care home.

He must have thought it was impossible to disarm her.

Now she's in critical condition.

It's a pathetic over reaction to an old woman.

When I was in the 'special schools ' system here there were strong 17yo boys with brain damage who would sometimes go out of control attacking people and smashing things up. Most of the teachers and care assistants were women. They were fearless in getting those situations under control, even if on one occasion one female teacher got a broken nose.

So I'm looking at this incident from that background.

What the hell is happening in this world these days!?

The police officer thought his life was in danger from a 95 year old woman using a walking frame who had a knife, in a care home.

When I was in the 'special schools ' system here there were strong 17yo boys with brain damage who would sometimes go out of control attacking people and smashing things up. Most of the teachers and care assistants were women. They were fearless in getting those situations under control, even if on one occasion one female teacher got a broken nose.

Aussie police have been getting heavy handed the past few years, I remember a video doing the rounds during covid where they were choking out a 14 year old girl for not wearing a mask. Just goes to show that every country has **** coppers.

Almost unbelievable really and truly shocking! She had a walking frame for goodness sake! :mad:

Tasering a 95 year old with dementia is outrageous.

How does a police officer disarm someone with a knife without using some sort off weapon?

Well, why do you need to disarm a 95 year old dementia patient? You can essentially just slowly walk backwards, they present no threat, you'll disarm them just by having patience and waiting them out. Then you ensure they don't have access to any knives, just like you would any patient in a secure unit.

How does a police officer disarm someone with a knife without using some sort off weapon?

They have batons, training and experience. If she's 5"2 and that old she'll have no range, strength or quickness. Smash her knife hand and turn her.

Alternative is clear the room and then de-escalate. Risk of self-harm is an issue with this.

If you can't get a knife off a 92 year old, seven stone woman without a taser, you'll have real problems dealing with a grown man who is non-compliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom