This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with protesting is when it massively ***** over people who are going about their lives and trying to provide for their families. You aren't going to win over anyone by making their hard lives even harder. Its not even a case of winning people over on this issue. I would love to stop using petroleum products but I don't really have a choice. Inconveniencing people won't achieve that. Change in modern society needs to come top down.

I recycle religiously (whether there is much of a point is up for debate) but the number of items I buy that aren't recyclable because the manufacturer doesn't give a **** is shocking. The number of items which say "tray recyclable, film not" and then weld the two together is shocking. We live in a throwaway society but our entire economy is build on conspicuous consumption. We want cars to be used less but don't encourage bikes or public transport.

Go and petition the government, don't **** off the general public and wonder why people get stressed out and explode on you.

The government do not listen to petitions.

With those 2 Welsh lads who died, Police "There was no chase", CCTV seems to show a chase.

Police in being liars shocker.

BBC Verify has verified CCTV video appearing to show a police van following two people on either a moped or electric bike, apparently minutes before a crash in which two teenagers died.

The CCTV has been geolocated to Frank Road in Ely, Cardiff.

It has a time stamp showing 17:59 BST, 22 May 2023.

The location is 900m away from the site of the suspected crash.

This video, obtained by the news agency Wales News, comes after the south Wales police & crime commissioner, Alun Michael, told the BBC that a chase did not take place.

Last edited:
What do we think happened here? Car chase led to teens deaths and locals blamed the police?

No. Read your own link clouseau

Well well well....

Following and giving chase are two separate things.
having just seen the video it certainly didn't look like a "chase" given the apparent speeds involved, it looked like they were doing fairly standard speeds.
A quick and dirty calculation suggests around 20-30mph given we can work out roughly the distance travelled in the video (12-15m going by the car parked up) and the time taken for the van to pass.

Last edited:
When did it become acceptable to riot and cause mayhem because 2 people on one scooter couldn't control it?

If they have done nothing wrong why not stop and ask the police why are they following them?

On the face of it, it looks like a couple of joyriders who have unfortunately crashed.

The government do not listen to petitions.

Well of course they don't. Its like the people that marched after Brexit. You could have millions of people there marching against it and that would still not even be close to all the people that voted against it.

A few small groups causing chaos aren't going to dictate government policy and nor should they. If millions were marching every week the government would take notice of their plight but they aren't. Currently they are achieving nothing and causing loads of problems for people who have not done anything wrong.

When did it become acceptable to riot and cause mayhem because 2 people on one scooter couldn't control it?

If they have done nothing wrong why not stop and ask the police why are they following them?

On the face of it, it looks like a couple of joyriders who have unfortunately crashed.

Its always been like this in certain places. They have a massive chip on their shoulder and direct it all at "the man". When wee Jimmy who wouldn't hurt a fly is somehow caught up in gang violence or crashes his car killing him and his mates he was an angel and just an upstanding member of society. Most of the time its scumbags looking for an excuse to cause trouble and this is as good an excuse as any. Bonus points when the "victims" have been terrorising the local area for years.

Known Amazon parcel thief that frequently tries his luck on our road. Endless reports to the police including pictures and videos - obviously stretched/low priority.

At the weekend, he grabbed a purse from a pram as one of our residents was momentarily distracted. Money says it's to feed an addiction. At what escalation point/horrible consequence needs to happen before they do something about it?
The minute a MoP does something about him the police will be all over...the MoP.

I was looking in to the reports of this situation closer.

It seems the police are denying they were there until someone reported the crash and then they turned up to investigate. Based off the current information it looks like, for whatever reason the police are lying. In a follow-up statement they are still saying that the first they knew of the crash was when they turned up after it had happened.

They can quite clearly be seen on the camera following/chasing (either) the scooter.

Still even though that seems to be the situation so far it's no excuse to be trashing a street where people live.

Following ≠ 'chasing'.
Doesn't really matter in a world of immediate consequence, the damage is done and this cements the damage because the kids have their microcosm for which this mild omission is very easily spun into a conspiracy. Not a great path we're following. An arms race of misinformation and violent retribution is something we really ought to avoid.

Last edited:
They were not “chasing” nor were they on the road that the kids killed themselves on in spectacular fashion.

The police have said pay close attention to their wording.

They may have been following before hand, but they didn’t turn down the road the kids did, or hadn’t done before they died.

Purely speculation, but I think the kids were trying to goad the police into a chase, the chase was not authorised (which iirc they need to be for it to be deemed and allowed to chase), they’ve ridden past the ring doorbell in front of the cop van, turned off hoping they’ll be chased, and then killed themselves driving like idiots. That’s my current theory.

police were probably aware of the riot risk immediately from social media traffic they reviewed , so, may have decided to prudently deny any involvement as they didn't have the manpower on hand last might,
they couldn't win.

Todays, abdication, that their vehicle wasn't on the same street when accident occurred sounded ridiculous though - resignation incoming I'd have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom