This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police van, which was captured on CCTV, was not on the same street as the collision occurred.
so they were following surreptitiously on the basis the youths weren't looking over their shoulders.

I'd thought they were on an electric motorbike, and wondering how they afforded it , but both were on the same e-bike or scooter - what was the transport ? -
this wasn't like emily hartridge accident
(A local idiot does well over 30mph on his de-limited e-bike, but doubt it would do that 2-up ?)

If they crashed trying to evade the police then it's their own fault, whether they were being chased or being followed, I don't really care tbh, It's not difficult to keep up with ebikes.

Are the police meant to do nothing if teenagers break the law? What's the message here? Don't follow them in case they hurt themselves? ffs

If they crashed trying to evade the police then it's their own fault, whether they were being chased or being followed, I don't really care tbh, It's not difficult to keep up with ebikes.

Are the police meant to do nothing if teenagers break the law? What's the message here? Don't follow them in case they hurt themselves? ffs

Kids on those things are the same everywhere it seems, its only a matter of time till they kill someone the way the local chavs ride around on them.

Last edited:

The message here is that none of that even matters (facts are irrelevant, truth is relative) and all it takes is a few incendiary messages going viral in a community for it to implode in chaos.

I found some of the interviews funny, family apparently scared in their home and the kids were traumatised, while her children burst out laughing in the background. :)

I was looking in to the reports of this situation closer.

It seems the police are denying they were there until someone reported the crash and then they turned up to investigate. Based off the current information it looks like, for whatever reason the police are lying. In a follow-up statement they are still saying that the first they knew of the crash was when they turned up after it had happened.

They can quite clearly be seen on the camera following/chasing (either) the scooter.

Still even though that seems to be the situation so far it's no excuse to be trashing a street where people live.
With those 2 Welsh lads who died, Police "There was no chase", CCTV seems to show a chase.

Police in being liars shocker.

That's not what they said. Their statements and the CCTV don't contradict each other.
Initially:
Police responded to this collision which had already occurred when officers arrived, and they remained on scene to manage a large-scale disorder until the early hours of this morning.
And in the updated statement:
We have received CCTV footage which shows a police vehicle following a bike just prior to 6pm. This footage is being recovered as part of the investigation which will assist us in piecing together the circumstances leading up to the collision. The families are being kept up to date.

We can confirm that following investigations carried out so far, that when then collision occurred, there were no police vehicles on Snowden Road. A police vehicle in Grand Avenue responded to the report of a collision, attended the area and the officers performed CPR.

The investigation has involved studying CCTV and tracking data from the police vehicle.

At this stage, we do not believe that any other vehicle was involved in the collision.
It's perfectly reasonable that the police van spotted teenagers on illegal motor vehicles and followed them long enough to give the control room descriptions and direction of travel etc and then either stopped or the bikes lost police by going down footpaths. There were also 4 minutes between the CCTV and the collision, that's plenty of time for the bikes to lose the police and get into an RTC.
Very unlikely to be authorised to doing anything but to follow within speed limits in a van, but it’s the driver that is certified for pursuits, hard stops and not the vehicle.
It's both the driver and the vehicle. A fully trained advanced driver with tactical phase pursuit training can't box a vehicle in a van unless it's really exceptional circumstances. In my force, the can't even use tactics in most response vehicles, only advanced-level vehicles.

That's not what they said. Their statements and the CCTV don't contradict each other.
Initially:

And in the updated statement:

It's perfectly reasonable that the police van spotted teenagers on illegal motor vehicles and followed them long enough to give the control room descriptions and direction of travel etc and then either stopped or the bikes lost police by going down footpaths. There were also 4 minutes between the CCTV and the collision, that's plenty of time for the bikes to lose the police and get into an RTC.

It's both the driver and the vehicle. A fully trained advanced driver with tactical phase pursuit training can't box a vehicle in a van unless it's really exceptional circumstances. In my force, the can't even use tactics in most response vehicles, only advanced-level vehicles.
The people on the ground said the police were chasing/following them and caused the crash.

If the police version is right that no police were on the scene at the time of the crash then why did people riot?

If the police version is right that no police were on the scene at the time of the crash then why did people riot?
Because rioting doesn't rely on knowing the truth? I bet all sorts of rumours and misinformation were floating about that evening. The facts don't matter when you've got people riled up and wanting to cause mayhem.

I'm a little surprised I'm having to explain this in a world of so much misinformation.

You clearly have never been to Merthyr Tydfil.

There are some lovely places near there! Bike park wales for one! But yes. Some absolute **** holes near there. One of the places we stayed had about 15 takeaways, 3 rough pubs and a load of gambling places and not much else. Tells you everything you need to know about it.

The people on the ground said the police were chasing/following them and caused the crash.

Go to one of these estates and talk to the people and you might come away thinking that the whole world was against them and that the police are there all the time for no reason at all. Victims all of them. The police just want to keep them down and wee Jimmy is a grand lad who never caused anyone no bother.

I always remember a comment I read about mobs and it was something along the lines of "the intelligence of the mob is somewhere around the that of the dumbest member of it, divided by the number in the mob" mainly in regards to Lynch mobs etc.
There is also a saying that goes something like "a rumour will run around the world before truth has had a chance to get it's trousers on", and as we see on here on a regular basis once some people hear a rumour they'll stick with it long after it's disproven.

It doesn't take much to get people angry and upset to the point of violence if someone has died and they don't think they're getting answers, even if the answers aren't known or someone has already tried to give them the best information they have, especially when the rumour mill has had a chance to get going.
It's also worth noting that the police won't have been able to give much/any information for a while, certainly not the sort that a lot of people want immediately, simply because they won't have had it and don't tend to want to give out the wrong information, or may not want to give it out to the general public until they've for example officially informed the families of the dead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom