This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the police had tried to stop the Colston intervention , could probably have been a riot too.

haven't seen any of the media publish social media communication prior to Ely riot.

There were far far far more people at the Colston toppling than at any riot or event in recent years.

The Police would have had to call in the army if they wanted to try and use force to intervene. Look at the first night of the Tesco riots in Stokes Croft where multiple police forces from across England came as back up and couldn’t prevent significant destruction, or the Bridewell police station riot. I was involved in all 3 incidents and I think the Colston statue crowd was about 10 to 30 times the size of the others which couldn’t be contained for the first 6 to 12 hours.

Today when I went to collect my daughter from school, 5 vehicles parked on white zigzags of a pelican crossing. TWO marked police vehicles drove past and did absolutely nothing.
Seems like police work these days is too hard for police.

They were on the way to a burglary in progress, or to interview a rape victim, or to deliver a death message, but sure, they should have stopped that for a parking issue.

The absolute state of the uk public and how they got what they voted for, to then complain that the police aren’t doing police work.

I’m ACAB as they come… but get a life and touch grass, the remaining, underpaid, inexperienced under supported police that are left, are woefully ill equipped to deal with serious crime going on. And you are complaining about parking issues.

Starting to feel the same way to be honest. My city is full of chavs cruising about the pavements and roads on stolen unrestricted e-bikes and escooters at 30-60 mph wearing balaclavas.

Police here don’t seem interested in actually doing anything about it.

What would you suggest they do?

So from what I've seen two teenagers are riding about at speed on a (likely stolen and not road legal) electric motorbike with zero regards for their safety and that of other vehicles and pedestrians around them.

Yet somehow the media is portraying this as being the fault of the police for pursuing and trying to apprehend criminals who were clearly breaking the law by driving a vehicle dangerously whilst clearly posing a serious risk to the public?

Does that pretty much sum up the situation?
pretty much.
Hilarious now that more CCTV footage is appearing shows that wow surprise the police weren't following them at the time of the crash.

The thing is - the vast majority of the police vehicles are fitted with GPS so they can be tracked.

Even if they don't (older vehicle), the GPS on their Airwave radios can be interrogated to find out where officers were at the time.

still don't seem to have said if the bike was theirs vs borrowed - they seem to be a £2k+ piece of kit;
ability to overclock these e-bikes still seems, in all, a cost disparity with older car performance 'tuning'; maybe BEV's will soon offer same.

still don't seem to have said if the bike was theirs vs borrowed - they seem to be a £2k+ piece of kit;
ability to overclock these e-bikes still seems, in all, a cost disparity with older car performance 'tuning'; maybe BEV's will soon offer same.

I'm not sure it's really rellevant... these E-Moto-X style bikes are illegal on roads, if not taxed/insured/and have number plates ... and they were not wearing crash helmets, so they are a legitimate cause for the police to try to stop them and impound the vehicle. The fact they didn't stop suggests it may well have been stolen, or they were otherwise up to no good.

As someone said above, round my way 'the usual suspects' ride round onn these things without hemets, but will wear balaclavas, as they know the police have to be very tentative in following, they can get away quickly where a car can't follow, and they can't be identified... so they usualy get away scott free. Mostly low level drug package boys, or petty thieves in my experience.

Last edited:
some of the surron electric bikes are legal, and can be powerful
- r4today this morning, had discussed with police representative that they have a different protocol for following them, seemed to be a lower level of authorization.

----

I'm spartacus
Police Scotland is "institutionally racist" and sexist, a report has found, as chief constable Iain Livingstone made a personal commitment to the family of Sheku Bayoh.

At a meeting of the Scottish Police Authority Board the outgoing chief constable presented the findings of a report into discrimination within the force.

Mr Livingstone, while stating "the relentless and intense nature of policing should always be borne in mind when assessing police action" and praising the "great strength" that "anyone can be a police officer" in Scotland, admitted that Police Scotland was institutionally racist.

some of the surron electric bikes are legal, and can be powerful

legal? to ride on the road?

*Caveat* if they are properly insured, taxed and licenced and have numberplates like any other motorbike, as that is what they are.

I very much doubt the recent escapade with the two young adults was any of the above.

They are not toys.

Last edited:
legal? to ride on the road?

*Caveat* if they are properly insured, taxed and licenced and have numberplates like any other motorbike, as that is what they are.

I very much doubt the recent escapade with the two young adults was any of the above.
read the link - they follow the correct standards and road legal if licensed

maybe the police are just being sensitive by not discussing aspect of the bikes legality ... not sure if refering themselves meant everything is 'sub-judice'

road legal if licensed

If they even had a licence, which I highly doubt, being 16, and from a scummy estate, they had no number plates or crash helmets and certainly no insurance (that will be void due to the latter, even if they did pay for insurance). Riding two's up on a motorbike like that is instant insurance void.

It's a real shame they died, but it's thier own stupid fault. They could have quite easily hit an innocent bystander and killed them too, thankfully, only the idiots died in this case.

I have ZERO sympathy.

Last edited:
If they even had a licence, which I highly doubt, being 16, and from a scummy estate, they had no number plates or crash helmets and certainly no insurance (that will be void due to the latter, even if they did pay for insurance). Riding two's up on a motorbike like that is instant insurance void.

It's a real shame they died, but it's thier own stupid fault. They could have quite easily hit an innocent bystander and killed them too, thankfully, only the idiots died in this case.

I have ZERO sympathy.
Maybe someone should invest in Ely so that there's more to do other than drinking and doing drugs.

Maybe someone should invest in Ely so that there's more to do other than drinking and doing drugs.

I'd wholeheartedly agree.
But that doesn't excuse dangerous and anti social behaviour.
The kids could have just stopped the motorbike. The bike would be confiscated for at least being illegal, and it was most likely stolen in the first place.

Why else would they flee? Pockets full of smack or crack most likely.

They were an obvious and legitimate stop and search for the police.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom