• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Threadripper on Zen+ 32 Cores - Launching Q3 2018

Soldato
Would be nice to be in a position to benefit from AMD driving down the cost of such massive core counts.

Making up for clock speed by raising core count to the point where everyone has to run moderate clocks or suffer massive power consumption :p

Permabanned
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9YL0MvNzg5MTY4L29yaWdpbmFsL0ltYWdlMS5wbmc=

Soldato
Would be nice to be in a position to benefit from AMD driving down the cost of such massive core counts.

Making up for clock speed by raising core count to the point where everyone has to run moderate clocks or suffer massive power consumption :p
I know I am. I am upgrading my file server to a Ryzen 7 1700 as we speak so I can use ZFS, run a couple of VMs, and possibly do transcoding tasks. If I were to do that 18 months ago (i.e. before Ryzen was released) an 8 core CPU plus mid-range motherboard would've cost about £1,200 if I'm not mistaken. Today I paid £285. Oh and Intel still don't offer ECC support on any non-Xeon CPUs, so the whole project wouldn't have been possible without second hand server parts anyway.

Man of Honour
That's an amazing price.

It's a nice price
1950x was a grand when it came out, this is double the cores, increased ipc etc for £640 more. Though its not the type of cpu i want or need i would have expected the price to be higher.

I know- I bought it one release day. Don't get me wrong I know it a great cpu at a great price, just my wallet isn't ready. :( perhaps next month.

Soldato
2.5kh maybe cv7 price of three vegas though I like these TR2 as a basis for some of those render coins that are supposed to be coming out later that require proper pcie and some of those acorn fpga if they are actually decent.

Man of Honour
2.5kh maybe cv7 price of three vegas though I like these TR2 as a basis for some of those render coins that are supposed to be coming out later that require proper pcie and some of those acorn fpga if they are actually decent.

Ill go with that my one (1950x) does 2450 h/s cn-lite around 1400 cn7.

Back
Top Bottom