• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Threadripper on Zen+ 32 Cores - Launching Q3 2018

$1299 v $1799 according to Anandtech for 24 v 32 which is ~£1,184 based on the OcUK price.
The 2950X looks interesting in both price and performance. 4.4Ghz boost clock with the attached aircooler!!!!! :eek:

It would only take a good monoblock and 360mm rad, let say one used in the Predator 360.... to push it to 4.5Ghz all core if not 4.6Ghz :D

Lets see what 8Pack can do with watercooling.

I've got my eye on this too, just a pity there's no monoblock option. Surely the VRMs will need some help with the cooling?

X399M Taichi seems has pretty descent cooling solution when comes to VRMs

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8532/asrock-x399m-taichi-amd-x399-motherboard-review/index10.html

The X399M Taichi has some of the best VRM performance I have seen from an X399 motherboard. While we did have light cooling going over the heat sink, the new huge heat sink does its job with ease.

Assuming there is a minor airflow towards the board if you have some good strong fans blowing air downwards into the case.
(damn glass sides, we cannot get anymore those big 400mm side fans to blow air in).

The 2950x @4.4ghz boost wow. This i think could be the best price, performance and overclocking for gaming. If you can get this to 4.5-4.6ghz on all cores wow.

The problem is that most of the motherboards are not great in terms of power delivery. Just watch buildzoids new video about 32 core threadripper and these motherboards currently on sale. Not even the asus zenith extreme and gigabytes new video. The only one is the MSI board and even that is not geared for massive overclcoks.

so what board to buy?

Back
Top Bottom