Tomb Raider 2: Rise of the Tomb Raider Announced

Well I don't think the release on the same day as Fallout 4 helped to be honest. Plus MS were doing more promotion for their console bundle with Fallout than they done for Tomb Raider. Considering its also on 3 less platforms its and potentially targeted at the smallest user base (X1) its hardly surprising. I'm surprised Square Enix even went with this deal considering the sales figures for Titanfall and that at least had a PC launch. It will hopefully have consistent sales throughout the Christmas period.

Well I'm not surprised.... Now we can only hope that deals and sales during the run up towards PC and then ps4 releases ensure the franchise makes it out of this one...

But now we have star wars battlefront coming up , so chances of this one picking up after the initial rush for fallout 4 aren't too good.. But Microsoft made their choices and I'm sure square got a good sum of cash , sadly it's looking to be at the expense of consumers and a much loved franchise..

If the game had released across all major platforms in say March 2016 I'm sure it'll have sold better.. X1 crowd would go for it only to say to ps4 buyers grabbing uncharted 4 they have something to play similar to uncharted...

Sounds like the sales numbers for this are petty poor, circa 48k copies on xbox one and 8,500 on 360.

:(

I thought pre orders were 'great' as mentioned several times earlier in the thread? CD must be gutted as theres no way that whatever MS paid will compensate. The PC version will bring in some revenue but as mentioned earlier no one will care about this when the PS4 version comes out.

It makes no sense they didn't release on PC the same time as XBox, I hope Microsoft paid a lot of money to Square because Square spent a ton of effort and money to make Tomb a Raider relevant again and then make this marketing deal which could ruin their hard work.

Next year people will have forgotten about Rise of the Tomb Raider, I can't see sales being great on PS4 a year after release.

To launch the same week as Fallout was also another huge mistake.

Well reported pre-orders were great, I wonder if those sales figures are people who got it on the day as opposed to preordering it.

CD will make another which is the most important thing, they'll just not make the same mistake of letting it be a timed exclusive

No idea on pre order numbers, but that's the PAL sales chart figures from the GAF thread, so they were either BS preorder numbers or people cancelled orders because of other reasons.

Yup, the only ad I see at the moment is Fallout 4 and that "I'm a wanderer" song. Not seen an ad for Rise at all.

Shame as it's a bloody good game.

Sandwich they between Halo and then Battlefront soon on top of Fallout, that's a lot of money for games in a month.

I've seen some adverts on Tv for this, more than for Fallout.

Picked up a copy yesterday and played the first section up to the camp fire.

Really impressed by how it looks, definitely one of the best games so far this gen.

Movement feels fantastic, I was trying to work out how to screen shot on the Xbox but failed.

Yeah, when I was in Manchester last week it was advertised everywhere. Big electronic bill boards and bus shelter sized electronic boards all over the place and most of them had Tomb Raider advertised

I've seen some adverts on Tv for this, more than for Fallout.

Picked up a copy yesterday and played the first section up to the camp fire.

Really impressed by how it looks, definitely one of the best games so far this gen.

Movement feels fantastic, I was trying to work out how to screen shot on the Xbox but failed.

Just say, "Xbox screenshot" if you have Kinect.

Just say, "Xbox screenshot" if you have Kinect.

I don't, One thing i miss from the PS4 as screen shooting and capturing video was so easy.

Looks like i need to do this.

If you don't have a Kinect, double-tap the Xbox button on the controller and now along with options to record and snap/unsnap apps, you'll see a new option telling you to press the Y button to take a screenshot.

Which i did try, but never noticed a Press Y prompt.

Last edited:
I imagine Microsft paid Crystal Dynamics a rather large sum to have this for a year tbh. It's not like they are struggling for money like Sony.

If thats true then MS must be gutted as its flopped - what a waste of money.

It wouldn't surprise me if that exclusivity period mysteriously shrinks now.

If thats true then MS must be gutted as its flopped - what a waste of money.

It wouldn't surprise me if that exclusivity period mysteriously shrinks now.

I very much doubt they are gutted as it would have sold well on PS4 and it's hardly been a flop it's one of the best games this generation if not the best tbh.... I imagine Crystal Dynamics have lost nothing in the deal and it's MS who have taken the hit which tbh is no big deal for them.

Unfortunately Sony do not have the financial backing of MS.

I'm waiting for it to drop in price. I'd love to play it, but I can't justify £40 for a single player game.

It wasn't the best timing though. Halo 5, Fallout 4, Battlefront - Tomb Raider is comparatively small fry nowadays. I expect Just Cause 3 will suffer a similar problem when it launches in a few weeks time.

The majority of a game sales are front loaded and come from pre-orders, sales next week are only going to get worse.

Tomb Raider 2013 has sold over 8 million copies and I remember Square being unhappy with sales, Rise isn't even going to do half of that.

I very much doubt they are gutted as it would have sold well on PS4 and it's hardly been a flop it's one of the best games this generation if not the best tbh.... I imagine Crystal Dynamics have lost nothing in the deal and it's MS who have taken the hit which tbh is no big deal for them.

Unfortunately Sony do not have the financial backing of MS.

So why do Sony have the marketing rights for the majority of the big games this holiday period then? You think getting DLC exclusivity rights for COD is cheap?

Back
Top Bottom