Total War: Warhammer 2

Soldato
I own all DLC, only 1 I didn't really enjoy is the Beastmen.

If I had to pick 1 to buy though, it would definately be The Prophet & The Warlock.

It unlocks some great Skaven units, Ikit is so much fun to play.

tumblr_prtnn6odY01r2to8go1_400.gifv

Tehenhauin has a much harder start, but can be satisfying to play once you get the ball rolling.

Associate
I fancy trying this game - anywhere got it on offer at the mo?

It's under £14 in the Steam Summer Sale currently. You can also pick up any of the DLC packs for between 25-50% discount too.

And a heads-up to all: the SFO Grimhammer 'Enough for Everyone' mod update was released yesterday following the Warden and the Paunch DLC release. Grimhammer has been pivotal to re-balancing the game for me and the work the team behind this put in is astonishing.

Soldato
It's under £14 in the Steam Summer Sale currently. You can also pick up any of the DLC packs for between 25-50% discount too.

And a heads-up to all: the SFO Grimhammer 'Enough for Everyone' mod update was released yesterday following the Warden and the Paunch DLC release. Grimhammer has been pivotal to re-balancing the game for me and the work the team behind this put in is astonishing.

What a price - thanks !

Caporegime
Anyone know of any rumblings for the third installment coming. Been holding off getting this till all three are out and full map etc done so can play one big game really.
No-one knows for sure, but the moment there is some info you will see it on the forums on on Youtube. Likely announced late this next year as there is very little more now they can do for the second game.

Soldato
Anyone know of any rumblings for the third installment coming. Been holding off getting this till all three are out and full map etc done so can play one big game really.

It'll be next year.

Troy is this year's game. Next year is too soon for a new historical title. And CA have released something every single year for two decades.

Soldato
I’m not far off 200 odd hours on this since December and I’ve only completed two campaigns and nothing else.

still reticent about certain factions. I went for bretonia in the end and my interest has dwindled since the absence of a lot of empire artillery :D

The helfire rockets never get old, but they can be equally destructive on your own units :D

Soldato
I've never played a TW game, I know nothing about Warhammer (only 40k) so I'm a bit hesitant as I'll also have to figure out the unit names etc and what they do. The premise interests me though unlike the historically accurate ones.

Soldato
I've never played a TW game, I know nothing about Warhammer (only 40k) so I'm a bit hesitant as I'll also have to figure out the unit names etc and what they do. The premise interests me though unlike the historically accurate ones.

I love the series, i would say shogun 2 is the easiest out the series to learn. warhammer is amazing and still quite easy to learn, ask questions on here and ill happily answer, you can always add me on steam if you want, steam name same as forum name.

Soldato

High Elves are a good place to start. You'll start on the island of Ulthuan, and your early conflicts will be with other High Elf factions on the island, using mainly the same units. Their starting units are also quite simply named; most of your armies will be Spearmen and Archers, probably a couple of units of Ellyrian Reavers (light cavalry) and a couple of Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers (artillery).

Things get more complicated later in the campaign, as late-game High Elf armies will rely on magic and magical creatures. But by then you should have got to grips with the basics.

The other good option is the Dwarfs, but you'll need the first game to unlock them. You can play the entire campaign ignoring most of their units and sticking to Dwarf Warriors, Quarellers (crossbowmen) and artillery. They don't really do magic. And their late-game units are mostly just advanced versions of the ones you were using earlier in the game.

It's not a bad time to get in to it really. You could nab both games and some DLC for £25 with the Steam £5 off £30 offer.

Soldato
I’m not far off 200 odd hours on this since December and I’ve only completed two campaigns and nothing else.

still reticent about certain factions. I went for bretonia in the end and my interest has dwindled since the absence of a lot of empire artillery :D

Bretonia are more of a cavalry army. If you want artillery, try the Dwarfs.

I still recommend Skaven, they only have 2 types of arty, but they're other range units make up for it. Plus they have various schools of magic which the Dwarfs lack.

Sadly you not going to find much that matches an army of Hellstorm rockets :p

Warhammer 1 was my 1st proper go at a Totalwar game, I tried a few of the historical games before, but they always bored me.
The armies in Warhammer are very diverse and can all be played differently.

Much like you, I knew nothing about Warhammer, but knew about the 40k universe.
You don't need to know anything lore wise.

Back
Top Bottom