Tower block fire - london

Another bloke said he was told it was due to problems with fire doors.

This will have to be country-wide, surely? I'd hate to think I was currently sat in a flat that had similar problems to these.

I also heard mention that they were concerned about some other buildings such as leisure centres & hospitals.

We don't need terrorists to create terror, it would seem.

I dont think the reality of this has really set in yet, there are going to be 1000s of buildings up and down the country like this.

Evacuations seems overblown for the risk, enhanced procedural control seems likely to be reasonable until they can remove the offending elements.

At this rate there will a hundred thousand homeless because Camden with what's sounds like a small risk have set a standard that higher risk buildings will have to match.

The Camden evacuation is utterly stupid, its refurbishment was completed nearly 10 years ago and it's had fires in it since, total over reaction if they've done it for cladding reasons. Unless they've had intelligence someone is going to fire bomb it all they've done is disrupt 800 families.

They know someone is going to jail over last week's fire. The buildings have no end of issues with gas pipes and fire doors. Better safe than sorry. Can you imagine if they had a fire and the council didn't act.

The thing is if they have just finished a safety report which has clearly indicated that the blocks have multiple fire-safety risks/hazards then they don't really have an option but to evacuate straight away!
Otherwise if their did happen to be a fire tonight (yes extremely unlikely but possible) they would be sued to high heaven as they knew of the risk and didn't take action.

Crikey!! No chance I'd be able to sleep in that huge room full of airbeds!
I'd sooner grab my sleeping bag and find a nice big hedge/bush to crawl into :p

I cannot even imagine the thought of that. Babies? Children? Older people getting up 2 - 3 times going to the toilet as everyone wakes each other up? Children and nightmares... Let alone the snorers. Or those on screens and phones... Glowing in the dark?

Back
Top Bottom