UEFA Euro 2012 - Group D - ** spoilers ** (England, France, Sweden, Ukraine)

Associate
Im hoping we don't need penalties at any point but who would be taken them for us?
I've got:
1-Rooney
2-Cole
3-Young
4-Terry or Johnson?
5-Gerrard
If it got to 115 mins and we had subs left, id bring on Baines :p

Caporegime
The weird thing is I actually don't mind Milner, I just think the role we're using him in is pants, he's just not a good winger. It's sort of like watching Park on the wing. I'd much rather see Milner in a middle 3.

Soldato
Why are ITV talking like England are gonna win the euros now? They were actually pretty awful tonight, made Ukraine look like a decent team, couldn't put 3 passes together, and could have easily lost. Spain or Germany would have beaten Ukraine 5-0 tonight.

Also why did they take Milner when he collapsed through exhaustion climbing the steps onto the plane?

Adrian Chiles makes watching football unbearable btw.

Caporegime
The weird thing is I actually don't mind Milner, I just think the role we're using him in is pants, he's just not a good winger. It's sort of like watching Park on the wing. I'd much rather see Milner in a middle 3.

Exactly, just like scholes was pap on the left. When Milner was getting rave reviews for Villa wasn't he being used in the middle??

Just another case of getting players into the squad regardless of whether they are best there.

As soon as England play a half decent attacking side Terrys woeful level will be shown up even more than it already has been. England badly need a new CB pairing.

Man of Honour
OP
I don't think the Ukraine manager is very happy:

Blokhin says he doesn't want to criticise refs & assistants then proceeds to do exactly that. 'THE BALL WAS 50cms OVER THE LINE'

Blokhin also accusing ref & assistants of missing Carroll elbow & criticising them for not booking Terry. 'Why do we need these 5 referees?'

Oleg Blokhin now challenging a Ukraine journalist to continue their argument 'outside'. We don't get this with Hodgson

:p

Soldato
Exactly, just like scholes was pap on the left. When Milner was getting rave reviews for Villa wasn't he being used in the middle??

Difference with Scholes was he should have never been shunted out wide on the left just to accommodate Lampard and Gerrard in the centre, one of those two should have missed out. Milner is being shunted out wide because we dont have an outstanding player in that position, not just so we can get him in the team. You can guarantee should Milner be dropped and Walcott played out there then he'll get flamed just as badly. Confirms the decision not to take Lennon was a mistake.

Associate
Top of the group for a change, very nice :)

Performance a little better tonight, livelier, more movement in possession and quicker transition from the two banks of four. Defence would actually look very good if it weren't for the handful of times they get totally opened up.

Really don't want to see two forwards against Italy though, more control of the midfield please Roy!

Oh I hope it doesn't go to penalties for us, especially against the Germans.
I think there's a very good chance of penalties against Italy, but if we get a respectable performance and get that far I'll be somewhat content.

Associate
I don't think the Ukraine manager is very happy:
As soon as it was shown that the 'goal' was offside I ceased to care, the scoreline is correct and there was no injustice to Ukraine. Happy we progress and win the group on merit.

As soon as England play a half decent attacking side Terrys woeful level will be shown up even more than it already has been
Thought he did better tonight than in the first two games, but clearly the England system is never going to suit him as well as Chelsea. As long as Lescott, Johnson and Parker show a little awareness to limit Terry being exposed the defence can remain solid.

Soldato
54245541523953290591684.jpg

Man of Honour
Pens should be something like:

Milner (assuming in the team)
Gerrard
Rooney
Cole
Hart

I'd fancy Parker to have the bottle for it but not sure if he has a history of taking pens.

p.s. if you want a laugh, google "ashley young penalty" :)

Back
Top Bottom