Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat doesn't feel as bad with how the England fans have behaved inside and outside the stadiums in the last few games especially.

Just dont get why we're so bad at taking penalties. It's beyond a meme at this point. Surely they must spend hours practicing them.

Surely it's a simple answer? No one expects more from their team then the English. It's sheer pressure.

I've thought the whole tournament though, England haven't been amazing, just OK. This definitely not Euro 96 feeling gutted for me I think, just a bit disappointed the way the game tonight was managed.

Have you seen our squad. Strongest in the competition and we played like the most budget team in the competition. ******* disgraceful tactics from the manager.

This is the strongest, most balanced side we have had in decades, we played all but one game at home and had the easiest draw we will ever have to win a Euros.

But no, Southgate has been great :rolleyes:

Yea Germany, Croatia and Denmark are super easy.

Scotland are easy, but England sucked that game.

Respect to Southgate, he got it all right until the final. Then he bottled it, with the tactics, subs and penalty takers.

It's a shame, I am convinced we could have won this if we didn't try and sit back and allow them to dominate after we went 1-0 up.

Nah Denmark was tactically inept and the games we did well were the ones he was forced to change things up due to things like COVID forcing his hand... but did he learn from it... **** did he...

I'll give credit to the players though, even Kane was getting involved the last few games. Overall they looked like they wanted to be there compared to many past England squads.

All on Southgate that to be honest. Learnt **** all from the Croatia game and instead of pressing home an advantage we sit back and get picked off.

Penalties is on him as well. Saka should never in a million years be taking that 5th penalty, absolute madness.

Rashford pen is also example of penalties I can't stand, doing a pointless fancy run up to then miss.

It's simple place the shot, high low etc, doing this fancy run up to the ball achieves nothing

Look at the lads tattoos probably thinks he's auditioning for a music video on MTV with his fancy footwork.

I didn't realise Sterling was so averse to penalties, but then why didn't he come off for Sancho or Rashford? Surely could have left the experience of Trippier or Henderson to take one?

Gutting to lose on penalties, but this squad can hold their head high, they've done great. Southgate has done brilliantly: first the semis then the final, we can build on this next year.
Which Southgate have you been watching? We predicted this exact pattern and outcome several days ago. Sneak ahead, don't then push for a 2nd. Leak a goal in the 2nd and limp through either until Italy nick in injury time, in ET or we lose on pens. It's how we've been all tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom