Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish maybe but not Sterling he's a bottle job and never steps forward and to be honest you probably dont want him to.
Sterling is over hyped but he should be doing them over Saka cause of his tournament experience

That being said least Saka stepped up as did Rashford and Sancho they may of missed but least they tried

I thought England had nothing to fear though from Italy? It was won after the Denmark game.
We didn't, if we played 4 at the back, pushed our defensive line up and went for it.

Sadly, we did none of that and just allowed old Italy to dictate the game and allow them to keep us pressed inside our half.

We played into their hands, and that's why they dominated. Sad, but true.

This was the inevitable result of defending your way to a final against a string of average teams, it doesn't get you past a team like Italy and you end up tossing the coin on a shootout. Frankly, it feels like we were lucky to drag it that far in the first place.

They are though. More possession, more shots, more shots off target, more shots on target and a better XG.

Away side as well with the home side having 70k fans on their side.

England couldn't have had an easier tournament. The big teams all played terribly and had crap managers.

I knew Belgium were going nowhere with their 523 formation. France were just a mystery. Spain looked like they were growing into it and Italy beat them. That was the real final.

I feel sorry for Saka but some of the other senior players should be insisting to step up before him… but they didn’t. Oh well, got one step further than the last competition - maybe next time eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom