Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the inevitable result of defending your way to a final against a string of average teams, it doesn't get you past a team like Italy and you end up tossing the coin on a shootout. Frankly, it feels like we were lucky to drag it that far in the first place.
Yep and sadly the FA and a lot of England fans are happy to accept mediocrity so nothing will change.

Italians were quite lucky to finish with 11 men but let's face it they dominated the majority of the game and can't complain too much.

Rubbish game management from Southgate and the penalty fiasco was embarrassing.

Respect to Southgate, he got it all right until the final. Then he bottled it, with the tactics, subs and penalty takers.

It's a shame, I am convinced we could have won this if we didn't try and sit back and allow them to dominate after we went 1-0 up.

Yep, Italy were there for the taking with the way we started and an early goal! We could’ve pushed on put some attackers on and said “Go on then, try and score” and we’ll counter

i still think Sterling should go before saka, just from a mental point of view. The more experienced players should handle it better
I really disagree. The first thing I want in a penalty taker is a clean striker of the ball. All the best penalty takers have been players that hit the ball sweetly and Sterling is a really poor striker of the ball. I can remember Carragher mentioning in training as a youngster he'd take a corner and it wouldn't reach the penalty area.

Going to sound a little weird, but I’m not annoyed we lost. Disappointed, but it’s ultimately only a good thing for the team.

Failure is needed to help the young players learn what it takes to win.

Onwards and upwards!

Looking forward to the World Cup :cool:

What are people's thoughts on taking the silver medal off? I'm torn. I get that it's win or nothing, but as a whole we should be proud to have got to the final and be aiming to go one further next year.

Haha just have to laugh at those comical penalties, and bringing on subs to take them, then missing them.

Best team won, England just parked the bus for the whole game.

Yep, Italy were there for the taking with the way we started and an early goal! We could’ve pushed on put some attackers on and said “Go on then, try and score” and we’ll counter
At half time this^ exactly this. ^ Sancho and Grealish on. Mount off and one of the back 5 off.

Haha just have to laugh at those comical penalties, and bringing on subs to take them, then missing them.

Best team won, England just parked the bus for the whole game.
They didn't even do that. It's like they had jelly legs 2nd half. That wasn't parking the bus as much as throwing in the towel. Not deliberately perhaps, but the lethargy was as good as.

What are people's thoughts on taking the silver medal off? I'm torn. I get that it's win or nothing, but as a whole we should be proud to have got to the final and be aiming to go one further next year.
I think it's become a bit of a 'thing' some of them feel they have to do now as it if proves how much they want to win or something.

I can understand not keeping it on for long but the rush to get it off seems a little silly. Especially the players that have won nothing and this is their biggest acievement.

Can't see us winning the world cup nor the next euro. Apart from 1966, we just can't win anything, always fall at the last hurdle. We did get to the first final in 55 years though, so credit for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom