Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Southgate owns up to his shortcomings in the final, he will get more respect IMO if he does that.

He must see that he got it wrong in the final. I hope he does.

For me, if he comes out with hands up and says he got it wrong in the final, I hope he continues and makes the necessary changes for the World Cup.

They didn't even do that. It's like they had jelly legs 2nd half. That wasn't parking the bus as much as throwing in the towel.
And that's typical England, trying to play it 'safe' instead of keep pushing and put the game to bed. It's almost as if Mourinho was the manager :p

Can we take a step back here and appreciate how incredible Maguire's penalty was?

Smashed the corner camera....that's how you do it.

I thought the same but is he is a good penalty taker in general? I was surprised to see him taking our second penalty. Is the problem that we have too many bottle jobs in the team who refuse to take them? Henderson etc?

Not the trophy, we should be booing that ref for his bizarre handling of italy
Didn't think the ref was too bad.

The blame should firmly be on the manager who deliberate left 2 subs for penalties, and his two subs both miss.

In another world we win it in 90 mins playing a more offensive style and using 4 subs within the 90 mins.

Instead, everybody - commentators, pundits and us at home - we're all saying, "No subs yet?" "Still no subs yet?" "WTF Gareth, when are the subs coming?"

And they don't come.

Euro 2020 - England reached the final in spite of Southgate. With all the attacking talent benched until the 85th minute (or later!)

What are people's thoughts on taking the silver medal off? I'm torn. I get that it's win or nothing, but as a whole we should be proud to have got to the final and be aiming to go one further next year.

Runner up is nothing. It’s a participation award. May as well go in the bin when your a sportsman.

Well, at least we didn't have to watch Italy fake injury for the last 30 minutes this time.

You won't either.

Name the premier league's top 11 players you would be lucky if 3 of them are English.

Whereas name the same any other major league and at least half are native.

That's because most of them want to play in the premier league so there is a lot more international competition. I mean, Germany basically just send Bayern Munich to the world cup and Euros.

Can't see us winning the world cup nor the next euro. Apart from 1966, we just can't win anything, always fall at the last hurdle. We did get to the first final in 55 years though, so credit for that.

Not with this manager, if we lose you expect to learn the lessons. We learnt sweet **** all from that 2018 semi final nothing at all.

I thought the same but is he is a good penalty taker in general? I was surprised to see him taking our second penalty. Is the problem that we have too many bottle jobs in the team who refuse to take them? Henderson etc?

I doubt he's taken many, can't remember what his penalty was like against Villarreal. I feel like that type of penalty looks great if it goes in but you're much more likely to miss.

The blame should firmly be on the manager who deliberate left 2 subs for penalties, and his two subs both miss.

In another world we win it in 90 mins playing a more offensive style and using 4 subs within the 90 mins.

Instead, everybody - commentators, pundits and us at home - we're all saying, "No subs yet?" "Still no subs yet?" "WTF Gareth, when are the subs coming?"

And they don't come.

Euro 2020 - England reached the final in spite of Southgate. With all the attacking talent benched until the 85th minute (or later!)
Not often I agree with you, but you are spot on here.

I will say that Southgate did well, up until the final. Then in true English style he bottled it massively and cost us a Euro Cup win that was there for the taking.

They couldn't beat us in the 90 and ET so were equal to the champs at least. I really do hope the FA crack down on some of our more lower IQ supporters causing trouble. The team did us great and should be proud its the minority of our own overly passionate fans that are embarrassing.

And they don't come.

WE've been aligned on this for some time. Do other people see it yet or are they still saying Southgate has the master plan?

Vardy must be sat at home, rolling his eyes and going "I told him so last WC, I actually told him. FFS"

I really disagree. The first thing I want in a penalty taker is a clean striker of the ball. All the best penalty takers have been players that hit the ball sweetly and Sterling is a really poor striker of the ball. I can remember Carragher mentioning in training as a youngster he'd take a corner and it wouldn't reach the penalty area.

fair enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom