Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather have lost in 90 or 120 minutes than penalties. Didn’t even go for it until last 20 in extra time. Unforgivable IMO.

Can’t say Italy didn’t deserve it. We certainly didn’t.

Going to sound a little weird, but I’m not annoyed we lost. Disappointed, but it’s ultimately only a good thing for the team.

Failure is needed to help the young players learn what it takes to win.

Onwards and upwards!

Looking forward to the World Cup :cool:

Pretty much nail on the head for me. I felt they'd played really well in the last 2 games, and the first 10 minutes they were all over Italy and clearly demonstrated they wanted to win this. After half time though they were really looking like they were giving up, and at that point it was inevitable they were going to concede a goal.

I hope Southgate owns up to his shortcomings in the final, he will get more respect IMO if he does that.

He must see that he got it wrong in the final. I hope he does.

For me, if he comes out with hands up and says he got it wrong in the final, I hope he continues and makes the necessary changes for the World Cup.

Yes he definitely owes some answers to some of his tactical decisions.

Italy fan? You werent bossed at all. England were poor and Itely fully deserved the win.

Italian yes (live in england), and if people could see the game for what it was I wouldn't be making sarcy comments.

I was happy the final was both team but I don't get where this snobbery comes from from some england fans. There is nothing to back it up at all.

I think we lost it when we left too many of our best players on the bench for too long.

We had the impetus then gave it away. We did well to get in a final though - maybe by the World Cup we will be on it with some better tactics and more accurate passing.

Oh well

I really disagree. The first thing I want in a penalty taker is a clean striker of the ball. All the best penalty takers have been players that hit the ball sweetly and Sterling is a really poor striker of the ball. I can remember Carragher mentioning in training as a youngster he'd take a corner and it wouldn't reach the penalty area.

That is absolutely baffling to me lol

End of the day it was hella entertaining the whole tournament, nation got around the team and we lost by a whisker in the finals. Disappointing, but thoroughly enjoyed the ride.
I think we lost it when we left too many of our best players on the bench for too long.

We had the impetus then gave it away. We did well to get in a final though - maybe by the World Cup we will be on it with some better tactics and more accurate passing.
Yes, ultimately I think these comments are accurate and fair. We had a chance, but we blew it at the final hurdle.

Considering we were 1-0 up, it makes it all the more painful when the writing was on the wall from the second we took the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom