Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putin publically denouncing Prigozhin & Wagner as traitors, and said traitors destroying Russian equipment on Russian soil and he offers clemency? Oh how the vaunted strongman has turned into a weak, frail old man.

I think this is the key

"They wanted to disband the Wagner military company. We embarked on a march of justice on 23 June."

So the security guarantees Prigo has managed to get would seem* to guarantee his organisation. (for now)

Bear in mind they were saying all Wagner needed to sign russian military contracts.
That would seem to be out now.

*Of course not specifically worth the paper they may be written on.

I'm not saying it was a LARP, I'm simply saying it was not an attempted coup. It was merely a show of strength, and a show of strength is a performative action. The reasons behind it remain unclear.

I'm sorry but your post history in this thread over the past day was that you did not actually believe it was happening at all. I have not seen you post one single prediction on how this was all a show of strength by Prigozhin (a performatvie action).

Last edited:
I just don't understand what has happened here.

It is all very odd indeed.
Best guess, Prigozhin wanted his people in the top jobs plus to be heir to Putin. He pulled back because he got what he was after and could still claim the moral high ground to retain support going forwards. So it was a coup, but final payment comes later

Best guess, Prigozhin wanted his people in the top jobs plus to be heir to Putin. He pulled back because he got what he was after and could still claim the moral high ground to retain support going forwards. So it was a coup, but final payment comes later

I can't see any offer being worth it. He must know he is dead now?

Ukraine wany him dead. The Army want him dead. Putin wants him dead. The FSB want him dead. The Russian hierarchy want him dead. Nato want him dead.

He's still within the rissian area of control.

He is dead.

I'm sorry but your premise was that you did not actually believe it was happening at all? I have not seen you post how this was all a show of strength by Prigozhin (a performatvie action) and have not sene you predicted anything of note.

No, my premise was that there were many reports of Wagner fighting and destroying stuff but virtually no evidence to support them. I said it was not a coup; I was right. I said it was not a civil war; I was right. I didn't say nothing was happening, and I didn't claim to predict anything.

I can't see any offer being worth it. He must know he is dead now?

Ukraine wany him dead. The Army want him dead. Putin wants him dead. The FSB want him dead. The Russian hierarchy want him dead. Nato want him dead.

He's still within the rissian area of control.

He is dead.
How does being replacement Putin prevent that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom