Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't think there is any equipment bought from the West that they could be used against - unless you include Turkey as being Western as they supplied drones?

I think you're right, so far it there is the $200 million military package from the USA but that's just for anti-tank missiles. I guess USA wouldn't want to pit their heavy weapons against Russia even in a proxy war scenario. They've been doing everything they can to keep the F-35 away from the S-400, because of the stealth tech, but the same might apply to their other technologies.

Permabanned
I still hold the opinion that Putin can achieve so much more by keeping everyone tensed up rather than invading. But perhaps he's a moron, you never know.

Man of Honour
Looks like a Poseidon doing laps off the West coast of Scotland - wild guess submarine hunting.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
FORTE12 up also but weirdly hasnt got very far and doing round laps.

Couple of submarine hunters (well maritime patrol but at the moment most of their missions in this context are probably sub-surface) around that area as well - AE679B with no call sign visible currently - possibly waiting on or assisting them or something.

Marshal Ustinov (Russian guided missile cruiser) may still be in the area as well.

OLIVE49 Combat Sent out at Crete now - possibly related to FORTE12 activity - additionally undersea cable ships in the area so may be monitoring interconnects.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OLIVE27 out in the US interesting - probably coincidence but only times I've seen it before is just before stuff has kicked off majorly like with Afghanistan.

Man of Honour
Munich Security Conference on Saturday with Ukraine's president in attendance - as good a time to strike as any when the leader is out of the country albeit he'd probably be gone pretty quick if Russia did invade.

Curious FORTE12 has done a quick lap through Romania along Moldova and seems to be heading back, while USAF F16s are up over Romania.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Combat Sent now heading to the Black Sea interesting it was recalled and call sign changed from OLIVE to HOMER about the same time RCH644 and FORTE12 did abrupt turns and seem to change what they were doing. Seems like something has changed and quite unusual for a Combat Sent to be up doing a mission like that.

EDIT: Some suggestion FORTE12 technical issues has resulted in having to send out HOMER49 instead and RCH644 re-routing is just a coincidence.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Bit of a protest going on in Kyiv - not really sure the details - they've stuck a banner over the live stream blocking most of it out.

8zSVvnI.png

Soldato
Russian port access means they have the option of either an artic traverse or come through the northern seas.

If they're hanging around then they're targeting digital infrastructure. A war would quickly escalate if they start harassing or attacking shipping. If they're using active sonar they could also be updating the mapping seabed for use with autonomous based attack subs.

Soldato
Ukrainians to attack in 2 then?
What looks to be a definite return to Cold War 1945-1990 is the placing of permanent battle groups on European soil. This time a little further east protecting all the former soviet satellite states as well as Western Europe.
Defence spending is likely to rise as well as taxes for those of us lucky enough to live in well off liberal democracies. It is almost deja vu for an old boomer like me.
What largely brought down the USSR was them trying and failing to compete in cash terms with the arms race. Would it happen again?

Soldato
What largely brought down the USSR was them trying and failing to compete in cash terms with the arms race. Would it happen again?

War has more options w.r.t. cyberwarfare. Sure the arms race continues - both China and Russia are now participants along with the EU and UK.

Caporegime
What looks to be a definite return to Cold War 1945-1990 is the placing of permanent battle groups on European soil. This time a little further east protecting all the former soviet satellite states as well as Western Europe.
Defence spending is likely to rise as well as taxes for those of us lucky enough to live in well off liberal democracies. It is almost deja vu for an old boomer like me.

And chernobyl and the space race.

Soldato
Truss reverted to 'communicating' via Telegraph articles - she realised she can't communicate competently in real life.

why don't they share some satellite images to corroborate russian manouvers - would they really be disclosing unknown technological capabilities, when did they disclose cuban missile emplacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom