Unai says goodbye, Mikel says hello

Soldato
Arsenal have been so badly mismanaged over the past few years, it's pathetic. Can't even blame the managers for that though, as the same things have been going on for a while - With Wenger and Emery in charge. I like Auba, but it does sound like the best thing for Arsenal is to sell off the bigger assets and start fresh. It's a damn good job they have Martinelli, may well be building around him soon.

Caporegime
Looks like Arteta is our new coach, just seen it come up in my Instagram for the Arsenal team.

Hopefully he can somehow stop the rot within the team.

Honestly speaking I was kinda hoping we would make a play for Poch rather than Arteta. But meh I’ll get behind Arteta and hope he does well

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cruel to make his first match be against Everton :D

oh well, I was hoping we’d lure poch but at least we can start to build properly now and maybe have some sense of direction. If this doesn’t go well then I can see us falling further.

Edit; just seen he’s not taking charge until Sunday...

haven’t watched it all but clips from that press conference are already more exciting than any interview or presser Unai gave. Hopefully he can get through to this sorry bunch.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Because of the way the clubs standing has declined, Poch was never an option.

Do you reckon we’ve fallen that far?

I honestly thought he wouldn’t be in for a big job (I’m talking real, Barca, PSG etc.) but rather a club like us who just needs the right manager to get us back into the top 4 and do a semi rebuild job.

Soldato
OP
Do you reckon we’ve fallen that far?

I honestly thought he wouldn’t be in for a big job (I’m talking real, Barca, PSG etc.) but rather a club like us who just needs the right manager to get us back into the top 4 and do a semi rebuild job.

Yes I think we've fallen, we are no longer a Champions League team. And I doubt we can make it for next season. 10 years + of decline. We went from challenging for the premiership to finishing 4th to top 6. We used to have players that were the best in the world. The owners have been an absolute shambles.

I think Poch could end up at Real, City or United. The grief he would have got if he joined us would not have been worth it.

Soldato
He's said all the right things, fingers crossed it works. This season is clearly a write-off, so the main thing is to stop the death spiral and put all the things in place to start again next year. Made more sense than Emery did his whole tenure, so at least communication won't be an issue.

Soldato
He's said all the right things, fingers crossed it works. This season is clearly a write-off, so the main thing is to stop the death spiral and put all the things in place to start again next year. Made more sense than Emery did his whole tenure, so at least communication won't be an issue.

Blimey. Well he's definitely saying all the right things! The players (Ozil) is in for a shock. :eek::D

Caporegime
He’s probably the best choice for a rebuild. He’s young, loves the club, and is there for the long haul. A lot of these top managers like to walk into clubs with huge budgets, that need just a little work to start competing.

Back
Top Bottom