Underwear that isn't pants (but actually is)

Man of Honour
[..] so I had a cull and chucked them all out and replaced with all CK ones. But now I feel like if anyone see's me they'll think I always have the same pants on!

Unless you're an old-fashioned superhero who wears his underpants on the outside or you routinely walk around in public in just your underpants, how is that going to be a problem? Even if you do, I think almost everyone would notice either of those things a lot more than they'd notice details of exactly what underpants you're wearing. OMG, it's Superman! Again! But wait, what is this? His underpants look the same as last time!

If I was intimate enough with someone to often see what underpants they were wearing and their underpants always looked the same and they didn't smell, I would simply assume they have enough pairs of the same type of underpants. I think any rational person would, given that underpants are machine-made mass market items. If you have found a specific type that is comfortable for you, why not just buy a dozen of them and be done with it? The last time I bought socks for work, I bought 24 identical socks. Wash them, any one pairs with any other one. Job done.

I'm not seeing the problem here.

Associate
I think the problem is with any heat cotton (based) anything isn't nice below another layer of clothes. Especially for underwear. The modern sports stuff is excellent (I like the reebok stuff too) and the UA stuff is just awesome. Basically we want pants to look the part (for the Mrs or unknown lover in our lives), to keep cool and to fit well and be comfortable. There's nothing like the UA stuff for that IMHO. Next, M&S meh.

Soldato
OP
Unless you're an old-fashioned superhero who wears his underpants on the outside or you routinely walk around in public in just your underpants, how is that going to be a problem? Even if you do, I think almost everyone would notice either of those things a lot more than they'd notice details of exactly what underpants you're wearing. OMG, it's Superman! Again! But wait, what is this? His underpants look the same as last time!

If I was intimate enough with someone to often see what underpants they were wearing and their underpants always looked the same and they didn't smell, I would simply assume they have enough pairs of the same type of underpants. I think any rational person would, given that underpants are machine-made mass market items. If you have found a specific type that is comfortable for you, why not just buy a dozen of them and be done with it? The last time I bought socks for work, I bought 24 identical socks. Wash them, any one pairs with any other one. Job done.

I'm not seeing the problem here.

I mean it's not the be all and end all but I'd like to have a bit of variety in my pants drawer. But I just like to have fun underwear and socks. If there is one thing I pride myself on is a strong novelty sock game. Plus I walk around the office with no shoes on so have to have good socks to impress my colleagues with

I think the problem is with any heat cotton (based) anything isn't nice below another layer of clothes. Especially for underwear. The modern sports stuff is excellent (I like the reebok stuff too) and the UA stuff is just awesome. Basically we want pants to look the part (for the Mrs or unknown lover in our lives), to keep cool and to fit well and be comfortable. There's nothing like the UA stuff for that IMHO. Next, M&S meh.

I may just get some UA ones for when i play sports. hour of squash and everything is a bit warm, if you know what I mean!

Soldato
I may just get some UA ones for when i play sports. hour of squash and everything is a bit warm, if you know what I mean!

I will probably get some stick for saying this, but thongs are awesome for sport. I got a 4 pack of mens black cotton thongs from Debenhams as they were on offer before Christmas as I was curious what they would be like. After a brief period of getting used to the feeling of something up your crack, they feel like you're wearing nothing at all. The pouch at the front stops your junk from flapping about as well. If there wasn't a stigma attached to dudes wearing them i'd wear them all the time.

Soldato
This thread tends to come up every now and again. General consensus is that under armours boxerjocks are the best.....and they are right.

Strangley the different colours tend to be slightly smaller. The black with red band are the best ones.

Best time to buy is during black friday as they are heavily discounted. They last ages!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mens-Boxer...ix=underarmour+boxe,aps,126&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

Soldato
I will probably get some stick for saying this, but thongs are awesome for sport. I got a 4 pack of mens black cotton thongs from Debenhams as they were on offer before Christmas as I was curious what they would be like. After a brief period of getting used to the feeling of something up your crack, they feel like you're wearing nothing at all. The pouch at the front stops your junk from flapping about as well. If there wasn't a stigma attached to dudes wearing them i'd wear them all the time.
This hasn't got had enough attention :D:D

Soldato
My friends mentioned Under Armour but wondering if you chaps can also point me in the direction of comfy and good quality underwear.
I wore boxers for years, but ended up getting fed up with them riding up etc, so switched to briefs. It was a strange feeling during the transition, but I soon got used to it, and preferred them. CK do some that're a sort of silky material, and they're honestly the most comfortable pair of pants I've ever worn.

Soldato
This thread tends to come up every now and again. General consensus is that under armours boxerjocks are the best.....and they are right.

Strangley the different colours tend to be slightly smaller. The black with red band are the best ones.

Best time to buy is during black friday as they are heavily discounted. They last ages!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mens-Boxer-Jock-Black-Large/dp/B019Z2WPT2/ref=sr_1_3?crid=293DQ4OI49L2C&keywords=under+armour+boxerjock&qid=1558074608&s=gateway&sprefix=underarmour+boxe,aps,126&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

They crop up on Sport Pursuit every now and then for a decent discount too. The best ones are the fluorescent yellow ones though! :p

Caporegime

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mens-Boxer-Jock-Black-Large/dp/B019Z2WPT2/ref=sr_1_3?crid=293DQ4OI49L2C&keywords=under+armour+boxerjock&qid=1558074608&s=gateway&sprefix=underarmour+boxe,aps,126&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

Strangely enough I have a few pairs of the UA boxerjocks and the black with the red band I find much more comfier. I have a pair in grey, navy and teal colour and I find them to be a bit tighter even though they are the same size?? :confused:

Saying that I do need to pick up a few more pairs of the red band ones at some point.

Soldato
Strangely enough I have a few pairs of the UA boxerjocks and the black with the red band I find much more comfier. I have a pair in grey, navy and teal colour and I find them to be a bit tighter even though they are the same size?? :confused:

Saying that I do need to pick up a few more pairs of the red band ones at some point.

Yep, they are for some reason. My light grey ones are a bit too tight

Soldato
Some of these brands I've never heard of.
I tend to stick with EVA, Diesel or CK. Prefer the first two usually as prefer low cuts and CK's always seem to have a higher waist band. Prefer the waist band lower than that of the outer clother (trousers, jeans etc).
Don't seem to have much choice with 100% cotton these days, for obvious reasons I suppose (loses shape easily), but all this synthetic stuff it not always good for skin conditions

Back
Top Bottom