**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Actually i'm stupid.

I can PS4 that are MO1
The problem with OEM tyres is that they're often older-generation. PS4 have been replaced, as have ContiSportContact 5s.
Honestly, just get Goodyear Assy 6s, Michelin PS5s or ContiSportContact 6s

So few options for my tyre size, but I hadn’t considered SportContact 7s that seem to get great reviews at a fair price. Seems to be the best of those available to me. The only reason I stopped putting them on was due to their ridiculously high wear rate and higher cost than the alternatives on my last car.

Last edited:
why do tyre online sites not allow the selection of both front and rear tyres? Really incredibly irritating. I have staggered 255/35/20 and 295/30/20 but constantly have to effectively do two searches which then have to both be in stock and matched :grr:
Agreed!

Not tyres - but what brand wipers do people buy nowadays?

I was going to get Valeo but they don't crop up as often as some newer (to me) brands?

Not tyres - but what brand wipers do people buy nowadays?

I was going to get Valeo but they don't crop up as often as some newer (to me) brands?

Bosch - Usually cheaper than “Valeo” on ECP for the ones I need.

Have only ever used Bosch replacements so cannot comment on Valeo but was under the impression Bosch was the better brand.

I've not bought anything from ECP in ages now. Their prices have skyrocketed, coupled with delivery charges and even click and collect charges on CP4L stuff.

99 times out of 100 you can find the same part on Amazon for cheaper and have it delivered next day. Or eBay if Amazon don't have it.

I used to always buy Bosch but quality doesn't seem quite what it was lately :( dunno if just a dip or race to the bottom like everywhere seems to be doing.

E92 rears need changing but Conti Sport 5s don't seem to be about anymore, which is what the car is currently shod with on all four corners.

Still about 4mm on the fronts but the Michelin Pilot Sport 5s are calling to me, which appear to be a brand new tyre, anything else I should consider with 18s?

Cost wise I'd like to stick to Conti's all round and therefore not change the fronts, but it's looking like that's not particularly feasible, also the fronts are almost 6 years old, I suppose it's not a bad idea to pop some new rubber all round?

Last edited:
E92 rears need changing but Conti Sport 5s don't seem to be about anymore, which is what the car is currently shod with on all four corners.

Still about 4mm on the fronts but the Michelin Pilot Sport 5s are calling to me, which appear to be a brand new tyre, anything else I should consider with 18s?

Cost wise I'd like to stick to Conti's all round and therefore not change the fronts, but it's looking like that's not particularly feasible, also the fronts are almost 6 years old, I suppose it's not a bad idea to pop some new rubber all round?

Change the rears to Michelin Pilot Sport 5's/Goodyear Eagle F1A6's and, providing the front tyres don't have cracks/perishing in the tread/side wall, forget about them and reassess every 12 months.

Change the rears to Michelin Pilot Sport 5's/Goodyear Eagle F1A6's and, providing the front tyres don't have cracks/perishing in the tread/side wall, forget about them and reassess every 12 months.

Good shout, I'll consider this!

Is the PS4S not a better choice. PS5 only replaced the PS4

I would go for those, however

Agreed, if they come in the right size.

They don't... :(

I was going to say, it's rare you will get a choice between Pilot Sport 4/Pilot Sport 5 and Pilot Sport 4S. Generally you can have either one or the other depending on your tyre size. I have Pilot Sport 4 simply because 4S is not available for my car.

Swapped out the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the rears as they were well below 3mm, for a pair of PS4S.

Noticed a huge difference in rear grip already. But something I have noticed is an odd feeling when cornering fast. I can't explain it but everything feels good then the steering little disconnected (almost like understeer but its not).

I haven't swapped the fronts yet, so they are still PSS with around 5mm tread. The PSS has a much more stretched look compared to the PS4S, very noticeable in person.

Could this be why the steering feels slightly odd as they are mixed (albeit similar) tyres on the car?

Have read mixed reviews on M3 forums regarding tyres and running PS4S/PSS, its hard to know what's true.

52497769268_a6c7ddfe40_h.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom