What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Time to move on.....

I think I'm going to sell up after winter when next seasons riding begins. I've done under 100 miles on the Mille since it was MoT'd at the start of last year. Pointless keeping something that you don't use yet you MoT, tax and insure every year. I just don't get time to ride the thing anymore. Been on two wheels since I was 17 (now 42) with only a short bikeless period for 2 years in 1999 so it's going to be a bit of a wrench selling but I simply can't justify it any more. :(

Soldato
Main factor which is a barrier to me getting out on the bike as much as I used to is in the shape of a 3 year old son. :D

That and the fact that I got hooked on mountain biking a couple of years ago and whenever I get spare time I chuck the bike on the roof of the car and go out to put in some miles on my local trails. It's my 'escape' or 'my time' as the wife calls it. The last year has been really busy at work too and I've just finished a year long study course which has involved working at home and weekends to complete set work on time. And whenever I do get the chance to commute I do it on my road (cycle) bike. It kills two birds with one stone , getting out road biking/mtb'ing - it's a fun activity and it keeps me fit.

If I'm honest, although the odd few times I've went out on the Mille just to give it a run, my face has almost split open with me grinning. But I think it may be time to come to a decision on it going. I'll see how I feel after the worst of the winter gets out of the way.

Associate
Dropped it two days ago at tescos car park, pulled up on an uneven surface and just lost my balance :(, slight marks to lower fairings and snapped a brake lever clean off, new one in the post luckily, only been riding for a month but still beating myself up thinking how it could have been avoided :p part of biking I suppose!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Nothing to bad, luckily i was on the everyday bike and was low speed, so its more hassle that you dont need really. Oh and more expensive for insurances the next time around. This really really ****es me off. If something is not your fault you still get the financial impact of it in higher premiums when you come to renew.

Associate
New Power Pure on the rear!

Went NEC on Saturday ended up with this:eek:

20131125-IMG_1686.jpg

Soldato
Went for a blast with my brother, dad and uncle on Sunday. Weather was lovely, if a little chilly but sadly the gritters have turned the roads into a slimy mess :( Had a spin on my uncles SP2 and apart from the concrete seat it's a fantastic bike, definitely on my "want" list now.

Soldato
Fit a stupidly small numberplate... Too small for my liking, it's a 6x4" with a border and the word "BOOM" at the bottom lol.

I'm going to buy the 7x5" and not bother with the border, the text looks almost normal and still have a small plate.

Here is a pic of the 6x4":

E1T7ve1.jpg

My main ride is just on the right though, that is a beast!

Associate
Is the show at the NEC worth going to?
I was meant to be going with a mate tomorrow but due to work he can't make it. It's a bloody long round trip for me so wondering if it's worth heading to on my own???

Back
Top Bottom