What film did you watch last night?

Zero Dark Thirty - 4/10

Terrible acting, slow pace, quite uncomfortable watching in places due to the nature of the torture or prisoner conditions (give it a point for attempted realism), only redeeming feature was last 20 minutes but even that was very obvious and me and the others that I went to see it with felt like it was a big anticlimax (which ironically was reflected in the film - not giving anything away).

Felt like watching an extended (and tedious) episode of Homeland (not a big fan of Homeland but much better than this film!)

All in all was a film that patted the Obama regime on the back for 'cleaning up' overseas agency actions (yea right) and getting Bin Liner. This film will no doubt be seen as an historical account rather than the Hollywoodised butchery of the 'facts' we know it is.

Edited to add - also felt this was far too soon after the event to make a film out of it - perhaps if they'd released it on the 15 year anniversary of 9/11 then maybe enough time would have passed. Just felt like bad taste to me.

Last edited:
You need to watch this with surround sound (if that makes sence :)). One of the best films to show of a good sound system.

I remember my mates dad just buying a laserdisk system and having Top Gun blasting out on his new speakers - the floor was shaking when the planes took off!

I have to say though there are plenty of better films out there to show off sound than Top Gun - LOTR for example. Still a quality film

Day off yesterday so watched:

Total Recall (new one) - looked pretty, lacked anything else really 6/10

Seven Psychopaths - kept me interested but was all a bit messy, still fun though 7/10

Turnout - found this on Netflix while I was waiting for my PC to do stuff, was a typical London drug/dealing/mates film, did kind of feel for the poor guy, worth a watch 6/10

I always thought The world is not enough is one of those bond films that had a lot of potential but get lets down by having to cram all of the usual bond crap into it, something that the Craig bond films don’t seem to do and benefit from it.

Back
Top Bottom