What film did you watch last night?

Compliance. 7/10 Can see why some people wouldn't like it as a movie per se, but i enjoyed it. I guess knowing it was a pretty accurately based upon true events and thinking OMG how can people be so easily fooled does leave food for thought.

Compliance. 7/10 Can see why some people wouldn't like it as a movie per se, but i enjoyed it. I guess knowing it was a pretty accurately based upon true events and thinking OMG how can people be so easily fooled does leave food for thought.

I've seen the 'original' on ******** and felt really sorry for the girl. Hope she got a lot of compensation from McDonalds after her ordeal.

I've seen the 'original' on ******** and felt really sorry for the girl. Hope she got a lot of compensation from McDonalds after her ordeal.

$400k according to Wikipedia. I'd be hard pressed to fully blame McDonald's, because frankly there's only so much they can account for when you're dealing with an employee being that stupid and someone else who isn't even an employee getting involved.

Shawshank Redemption - 3/10

Kinda boring, felt the acting was a little weak and it was too farfetched to accurately simulate prison life in the time period. Morgan Freemans commentary was very bland and didn't really add much to the film.

i joke, this is my favourite film

Oh, I quite agree, and I think there is a balance between obeying an authority figure and questioning what that authority figure is telling you... However, the Milgram Experiment clearly shows that not only will most people follow an authority figure regardless of the instruction, many will follow them far beyond what most would deem "common sense".

I'm watching this movie - compliance - right now.
I know that most people on this forum would comply and do everything that an "alleged" police officer would tell them to do.
It's shocking how some people obey laws without questioning if they are valid or real.
Some people will go to extraordinary lengths to show compliance.

There was a thread on this forum regarding being questioned by the Police and general consensus was, to spill your guts, even if it lands you in (unfair) trouble over something that you didn't even do. The . I was astounded to see what I was reading.

Good film, so far, especially on a low budget.

Back
Top Bottom