What film did you watch last night?

I watched St Elmo's Fire last night, I was disappointed that it didn't have more burning muppets, the name was not descriptive:p

Slightly more seriously I'd had it languishing on the side for ages since picking it up in a supermarket for a couple of quid having heard it was good from friends.
I enjoyed it quite a lot, I guess the best way to describe it is that it's about a bunch of fairly recently graduated people growing up:p
I went into it expecting it to be about a bunch of annoying characters (think friends:p), but enjoyed it quite a lot despite it not really having any "action" or being the sort of film I'd normally watch.

I guess about a 6.5/10.

Cloud Atlas - Best film I've seen in so, so, so long.

9/10 - I cried and I smiled at the same time... I wasn't expecting to. It just happened.
Its been so long since i came out of the cinema and spent the next few hours discussing the film.

Really compared to the previous four of five films ive seen this blows everything out of the water and is on par with Django for entertainment, all be it on a higher level.

It shoudl have been nominated for many more GG and oscars.

Totally agree, watched this the other night, not read or seen much about it, but was a well intertwined story

Saw cloud atlas a few weeks ago and came away feeling kinda cheated. It feels like a film that should have been good and could have been good.... but wasn't. It wasn't thought provoking, it was hard to understand loads of the dialogue and it never made you feel anything for the characters. One of those films where people can say "oh but you just didn't "get" the film" 5/10

Gattica on the other hand was brilliant. I watched it based on a few people here mentioning it and I'm really glad I did. 9/10.

Night Shift (1982)

A nebbish of a morgue attendant gets shunted back to the night shift where he is shackled with an obnoxious neophyte partner who dreams of the "one great idea" for success. His life takes a bizarre turn when a prostitute neighbour complains about the loss of her pimp. His partner, upon hearing the situation, suggests that they fill that opening themselves using the morgue at night as their brothel. Against his better judgement, he gets talked into the idea, only to find that it's more than his boss that has objections to this bit of entrepreneurship.

Trailer

Quarterflash - Night Shift

80s classic!

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Daniel Craig Version) 7/10.
Dont know if it was just me but some of the dialogue was either too low or i couldnt understand what they where saying .

Watched "Super" last night. Very similar to Kickass, but far far more amoral. I found it quite enjoyable, though the pacing was an issue, nearly turned it off in the first half hour.

Impressive for budget, with a more wry look at things.

Would give 6.5/10

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Daniel Craig Version) 7/10.
Dont know if it was just me but some of the dialogue was either too low or i couldnt understand what they where saying .

It's most likely a problem with your ears. I have the problem too. Some films seem to do LOUD LOUD LOUD ACTION and then very very very quiet talky talky scenes. You either have to be constantly fiddling with the volume, have it loud enough for the talking so too loud for the action (which is only bad if it's late and there's others in the house), or you have it quiet and put the subtitles on. All are not ideal.

Back
Top Bottom