What film did you watch last night?

To the Wonder

As a fan of Malick (The Thin Red Line is in my Top 5), I quite enjoyed this. It reminded me of the soldiers' flashback sequences in TTRL. I'll definitely watch it again and maybe it will grow on me.

7/10

Stoker. 8.5/10.

Really enjoyed it. Beautifully shot, and I really liked the actors barring Nicole Kidman. I didn't really think she was all that great.

Mia Wasikowska was amazing.

NEDS - Scots being rowdy..who'd have thought..

Claimed to be the Scottish version of 'this is england' (lol..no)

Watchable if you like English cinema (gritty /violent) 6/10

McCullin - I'm doing a photography course right now which is why I thought I'd watch it. Wow, what a fantastic documentary. Some of the images are immensely powerful. 9-10

On a par with McCullin, debatably the greatest of his generation, is James Nachtwey.

Watch War Photographer and prepare to be astonished. Simply phenominal. The guy must be mad. Some of the situations he puts himself in defy belief.

Headhunters - 8/10

Norwegian film with subtitles written by the author Jo Nesbo.

Slightly dark humour, but a similar atmosphere and cinematography as the original Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

One of a few films with a scene to make me cringe (outside loo scene for those who have seen it) :eek:

Basically been turning on sky movies and picking a film that starts within 30 minutes and giving it a try...

Paranormal Activity 3 - pretty crap, same old rubbish that's wearing toilet tissue thin. 2/10

Sherlock Homes 2: A Game of Shadows - difficult to say, didnt feel to separate itself from the first in that each sequence felt like a repeat, enjoyed their version of the Reichenbach Falls though. 7/10 (gave the first an 8 or 9)

Fast Five - Surprised the hell out of me this one, maybe it's blinkers for loving Dwayne Johnson, but this was a good popcorn action flick, violence, swearing, jokes, and some great set pieces. Wasn't all about the cars and constant camera shots of gear sticks. Enjoyed the time spent and look forward to the next one with Dwayne Johnson. 8/10

John Carter - so much wrong yet I still enjoyed the film strangely, a good popcorn film and some sequences were quite good, baffles me as to how they spent 250million dollars on it though... Shame we'll not likely see a sequel to this version. 7/10

Dawn of The Dead - hadn't seen it since release, great snap shot story of a massive crisis, doesn't try to expand upon the event, just sequences the lives of a group. Brilliant. Wouldn't have left the Mall personally. 8/10

Something Borrowed - a dire choice from my sky movies days recently... I don't want to talk about it, don't bother. 1/10

Battleship - not as bad as I was expecting, but also not good. It held my attention for the duratio. And passed some time 5/10

Pitch perfect. well i liked it for some cheesy fun....its basically a film version of glee.

there was something about this film I was drawn too hehe. btw she is 27 before you say she is jail bait.

6.5/10

Headhunters - 8/10

Norwegian film with subtitles written by the author Jo Nesbo.

Slightly dark humour, but a similar atmosphere and cinematography as the original Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

One of a few films with a scene to make me cringe (outside loo scene for those who have seen it) :eek:

I know the scene :D Good film and well worth a watch :)

Pitch perfect. well i liked it for some cheesy fun....its basically a film version of glee.

there was something about this film I was drawn too hehe. btw she is 27 before you say she is jail bait.

6.5/10

What the hell is on her plate!?

Back
Top Bottom