What film did you watch last night?

It's most likely a problem with your ears. I have the problem too. Some films seem to do LOUD LOUD LOUD ACTION and then very very very quiet talky talky scenes. You either have to be constantly fiddling with the volume, have it loud enough for the talking so too loud for the action (which is only bad if it's late and there's others in the house), or you have it quiet and put the subtitles on. All are not ideal.

Do you use your TV speakers?

Doesn't happen as bad with a decent kit.

Even more amoral than kick ass? Blimey.

Indeed, my reaction at first as well. I'd say it was worth a watch, but I'm prepared for marmite reactions. :)

Film tonight is: "get on with damn presentation due in two days".

Got Moonrise Kingdoms & Groundhog Day lined up for the next couple of days.

Any other recommendations are more than welcome.

P.s Saw Romper Stomper recently (early Russell Crowe film). Intriguing, quite primeval in its approach but watchable.

It's most likely a problem with your ears. I have the problem too. Some films seem to do LOUD LOUD LOUD ACTION and then very very very quiet talky talky scenes. You either have to be constantly fiddling with the volume, have it loud enough for the talking so too loud for the action (which is only bad if it's late and there's others in the house), or you have it quiet and put the subtitles on. All are not ideal.

The reason being that the movie is probably in 5.1 surround sound but you are watching it using tv speakers (2.0)? Speech has its dedicated speaker in the front centre in 5.1 setups. I miss my 5.1 speakers :(

Indeed, my reaction at first as well. I'd say it was worth a watch, but I'm prepared for marmite reactions. :)

P.s Saw Romper Stomper recently (early Russell Crowe film). Intriguing, quite primeval in its approach but watchable.

Life of pi was a good watch. If you like subtitled films watch The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (3 films in total)

2001 a space oddesy
K pax
Rear window (Hitchcock film/bit of a slow burner, but I highly recommended it)

Re-watched Lethal Weapon, still one of the best ever action/police drama films ever even today, Riggs attempted suicide scene (believe this was edited out every time it was shown on UK TV) is still fantastic and shows what an amazing actor Mel Gibson is plus the final fight scene between Gibson and Busey is still imo the best fight scene ever in a movie.

Life of pi was a good watch. If you like subtitled films watch The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (3 films in total)

2001 a space oddesy
K pax

Thank you for the recommendations, I've seen them all. :)

(Yes I watch too many films :D)

I enjoyed Romper Stomper although it has been years since I last watched it.

2001 a space oddesy
K pax

I've seen them all too :D, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium trilogy in general, the original Swedish versions) are some of my favourite films :).

Also; I thought Life of Pi was outstanding.

On a plane I watched a few movies,
Started with
The Bourne Legacy, I would not slate it as much as others on here, as an action film it was reasonable, as a bourne movie, not so much. There were a few scenes that build well into a bourne future, the Pamela Landa sideswipe being one that made me smile.
Maybe a 6/10

Then I watched something else which jetlag has stolen from me, will post about it when I remember it.

Other gilm wa ssven psychopaths, dull, not overly amusing, wasted some time on a plane.
Some funny lines, some nic plots behind the psychos, really really liked the walken ending to the monk, thought that was above the rest of the film.

5/10

Watched Flight with the missus last night, not a bad movie in all honesty. Although i thought the CGI bits were hilariously bad. Thought John goodman was brilliant in his role.

Id give it 8/10, not a bad movie at all.

Wasnt expecting Denzel to admit his guilt at the end, he could have just said i dont know and let it be that but i suppose his guilty conscience and not letting his dead gf take the blame played a part in him admitting that he was drunk when flying the plane.

M:I Ghost Protocol: 8/10

Really enjoyed it! thought it hate it but was great from start to finish!

Human Centipede 2: 1/10

Just sick for the sake of being sick! avoid if you don't wanna feel slightly ill!

The Amityville Haunting: 4/10

Started out good, got bad quickly, felt like they ran out of time!

Mama: 7/10

Again, was great to start out with plenty of jumps until it started to unravel, then it just looked like guillermo del toro had his hands in the jar again on the graphics side of things.

Back
Top Bottom